Ultrasonic cleaner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shataway

Reaction score
Anyone ever try one to clean small or hard to reach parts like ball lock fittings + parts? Picnic tap or faucet parts? I am looking at one on Amazon that has a stainless basin so it should be ok with homebrew cleansers.

Cool idea, I have one that my wife uses to clean her jewelry. Subscribed to see if anyone has done this.

shataway said:
I ordered one. I will let you know the results after I have a chance to use it.

I cleaned the small parts with normal methods. I then placed them in the ultrasonic cleaner while I cleaned the kegs and lines. When everything was said and done, I did not notice much in the ultrasonic cleaners basin. Oh well......

I clean my razor with one.

However they are generally pretty small a 3/4" ball valve would be about the biggest you could get into one.

Coincidently, the ultrasonic cleaner i bought looks to be the same one shown in the vid link above. It will hold a corny lid plus the two ball lock fittings, orings, and parts.

The lid seems to soak up most of the waves so i take it out to clean manually. I still try to clean the rest of the parts by hand. The ultrasonic cleaner may not be doing much but i will keep using it.

you can use the ultra sonic jewelery cleaners in lieu of a nitro setup

more accurately, that would be "if you put your beer into an ultrasonic bath, it makes the CO2 come out of solution".

in no way would an ultrasonic cleaner replace a nitrogen setup.

more accurately, that would be "if you put your beer into an ultrasonic bath, it makes the CO2 come out of solution".

in no way would an ultrasonic cleaner replace a nitrogen setup.
you are probably right. guinness sells the surger i guess to give it a similar head... i should call it a poor mans surger. (only if you get the $20 hong kong/ebay unit)

..... returning the thread

Latest posts

Back