Uh oh. Kid #1 likes my homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkevinb

Reaction score
She's visiting from Fresno. I heated some steaks on the grill and Kid #1 asked if there were any "real" beers in the fridge. Feeling slightly offended I said, "I think there's a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in there.

Her: "That's too bitter for me."
Me: "You like Shock Top and you think Sierra Nevada is too hoppy?"
Her: "Well, it's been a long time since I've had one."

I had just opened one of my Cascade pale ale homebrews.

Me: "Here, try this. It's pretty close to Sierra Nevada."
Her: "Wow, that's pretty good."
Me: "So, you want the Sierra Nevada?"
Her: "No, I want one of these."

Hmm. I'm flying to Iowa tomorrow and she's going to be here the whole week while I'm gone. I wonder how much homebrew I'll have left when I get back. I've already told her she won't like the ESB, so maybe that will still be here.

Better start brewing the next one!

Outlander

I already have a batch of the new, improved Cascade APA in the fermenter. That should be ready to bottle when I get home. I've also told her that the bottles of brown and blonde ale in the tub are not ready for drinking, yet.

Kid #2 likes my cider. I see there are only a couple of bottles left in the fridge. She comes over to do her laundry most weekends. I'm going to have to step up production on that one, too.

Kid #1,2,3 demolish my homebrew when they are home..... could be worse, they could bring busch light.

By the way, where are you going in Iowa???? I might be able to offer some recommendations to ease your pain........

Kid #1,2,3 demolish my homebrew when they are home..... could be worse, they could bring busch light.

By the way, where are you going in Iowa???? I might be able to offer some recommendations to ease your pain........

Urbandale, and just north of there. I'll be watching people test some of our new equipment that mounts on top of tractors. If the tractors aren't up to their hubs in mud, that is.

I've got to say... Congratulations! That is great that you are bringing another generation into this world that appreciates something that has great taste. Isn't it great for a parent to see their kids make the right choices in life? I have no idea as I am not a parent, but that is what my parents told me. :D

Here's to keeping the pipeline full and enjoying the little things. Prost!

"Uh oh. Kid #1 likes my homebrew" You say that like it's a bad thing.:confused:

I'm happy that my two sons (in their 20's) both dig my home brews and brag about them to their craft beer-drinking buddies. The last time the youngest came to visit from Colorado, we brewed a clone recipe of Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar together and went shopping for the stuff needed for the homemade hazelnut extract. It just went in the keg. Once it gets a keezer spot and carbs up, I'll bottle some and send it to him.

You're raising your kids wrong. My #1 comes home bring samples of his latest brew and go back to his place with samples of mine. #2 doesn't drink beer so there is no exchange there.

You're raising your kids wrong. My #1 comes home bring samples of his latest brew and go back to his place with samples of mine. #2 doesn't drink beer so there is no exchange there.

Pretty much the same here, I bring my needs up to my parents. We brew together occasionally but for the most part he doesn't have the time to brew anymore

I've got to say... Congratulations! That is great that you are bringing another generation into this world that appreciates something that has great taste. Isn't it great for a parent to see their kids make the right choices in life? I have no idea as I am not a parent, but that is what my parents told me.

This is a valuable point. It is far better to teach your children to drink well rather than to drink cheap. My son, only 14 and not yet allowed to drink, occasionally helps me brew. He also understands that beer is something to be enjoyed and savored.

When I try a new beer, whether it is a commercial product or a homebrew, I allow him to have a sip. I've been encouraging him to describe what he is tasting. It was a proud moment when he tried a sip of a commercial IPA that was recommended to me and he pointed out that there was too much bitterness without enough body or sweetness to balance it out. It was exactly my take on it -- all hop bitterness and not much malt backbone.

Is she a fan of Tioga Sequoia brewery? They sponsor live music nights in Fresno pretty frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

She's visiting from Fresno. I heated some steaks on the grill and Kid #1 asked if there were any "real" beers in the fridge. Feeling slightly offended I said, "I think there's a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in there.

Her: "That's too bitter for me."
Me: "You like Shock Top and you think Sierra Nevada is too hoppy?"
Her: "Well, it's been a long time since I've had one."

I had just opened one of my Cascade pale ale homebrews.

Me: "Here, try this. It's pretty close to Sierra Nevada."
Her: "Wow, that's pretty good."
Me: "So, you want the Sierra Nevada?"
Her: "No, I want one of these."

Hmm. I'm flying to Iowa tomorrow and she's going to be here the whole week while I'm gone. I wonder how much homebrew I'll have left when I get back. I've already told her she won't like the ESB, so maybe that will still be here.

Classic, just classic !

I was Laughing out loud when I read your exchange.

Cheers :mug:

Back