Two for one: double batch; different beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_in_ak

Reaction score
Here's the thought: how many beers can you think of where the same grain bill could result in two different beers in a double batch?

For example: the same grain bill could be used in a double batch to brew both a hefe and a raspberry wheat. The hefe would use hefe yeast and the RW would use a clean American ale yeast and of course raspberries. Of course, the grain bill would have to be toggled to the lowest common denominator, but I think it could result in decent, drinkable, non-competition beer. And you'd get 5+ gallons of two different beers, which seems like a plus.

I know a lot of people will probably say that the grain profiles won't be exactly on for one or the other type, but that's fine. I'm not suggesting that this will result in pure archetypes of any particular style.

So what else can you think of? It doesn't matter if it's AG or extract or other. It's just about the concept.

You mean like a partigyle? Most people do a barely wine and a brown or mild. Also you could do a Scottish series with a traditional 120, 90, 60. The one I have planned is a hefe and Berliner wiesse 5 gallons hefe at 4.5% and the Berliner at 2.5. Got some dme if I don't hit my mark properly

Latest posts

Back