Triple Perle and or Yakima Gold?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimBrewz

Reaction score
So I was at the Hood River Hops Fest in October and was chatting with the reps from HopUnion. They flowed me 8 oz each of Triple Perle and Yakima Gold hops...very cool. So now they are calling out to me. Has anyone used these hops? Not much out there on the interwebs...

Triple Pearl- https://www.hopunion.com/triplepearl/
Released 2013 USDA-ARS. Pleasant, mellow aroma with notes of orange-citrus, orange rind/zest, resin, spicy, and slight pepper.

Yakima Gold- https://www.hopunion.com/yakima-gold/
Released WSU 2013, Cross of Early Cluster and Slovenian male, an excellent general purpose hop with smooth bitterness and pleasant aroma.

Lemon zest, grapefruit, lemongrass, spicy

I was at the fresh hop festival too and they guys from hop union gave me a mix bag with Tahoma, Yakima Gold, Tripple Perle, Perle cross and Cashmere. I combined them all together in an IPA that turned out fantastic, but I cant comment on any individual hop. After the festival I looked around to buy some of these hops, but like you said, there is hardly any information about most of these hops online and they are hard to buy. That being said, I managed to buy a pound of cashmere whole leaf from Hops Direct a couple months ago. I just made an IPA with mostly cashmere and another newer hop called Legacy on Friday, so I can report back how that one turned out in a few weeks.

Thanks Silverfish. I must missed the Tahoma and Cashmere...they probably gave them to you:)

I'm going to do an IPA with the TP and YG in equal quantity.

Brulosopher did a "Perle Cross" APA. He also confirmed that Perle Cross is now called Triple Pearl. See his post about this hop.

Latest posts

Back