Tri clovers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruwsomtin

Reaction score
when speaking about 1.5" and 1" tri fittings, the flanges are the same but are the gasket recesses the same? Little confused on the interchangeability of these fittings.

Yep, 1 and 1.5 take the same gasket and clamp. Unless you are using full port welded fittings, then the gasket is a bit different. For HB applications they are the same.

Basically, in a fully welded system, the internal dimension of a 1.5" system is 1.5" and the internal dimension of the 1" is 1". The flanges are all the same size. The gaskets are formed to the internal dimension, so a 1" gasket has a 1" hole.

In HB stuff we are using adapters (mostly anyway), so the gaskets don't line up perfectly anyway. This goes along with the fact that Tris aren't sanitary in a standard HB system.

Ok, now I got it. I was planning on getting some 1.5" tri x 1/2 MNPT fittings to attach to my kegs and then welding 1.5" tri caps to 1/2 OD SS tubing to complete my connections. Wasn'T really thinking CIP just breakdown capable.

Back