Traveling brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JABBY

Reaction score
Hey,

I am a member of another brewing community but that forum does not work for me over here. As well as it is a small group. So a little bit about myself, I am 22 and have been brewing for about a year and a half. I was first introduced to home brew through the form of mead; a guy that I worked with in Germany was giving people cups of it at a party. I ended up talking to him for a long time about brewing beer, wine and mead. he told me to start with mead as it is the easiest one with no real brewing equipment. So I had gotten use to good beer in Germany, with the variety and how cheap it was. Once I was sent back to the states I went to Utah. Utah is not known for its high quality beer. Because of the low ABV, I decided I need to start making beer and wine. Well I have made six batches of beer, two gallons of mead, and ten gallons of wine. I would have more under my belt but I am on a six month hiatus from brewing for work.

Welcome. You should find everything you need to start beer brewing here - just a little time spent searching the forums. I lived in Utah for a few year and found some really good beer at brew pubs there. You can make good low ABV beer, and guys at places like Red Rock Brewing Co., Desert Edge Brewing, and Uinta Brewing Co. prove it. There are a couple of good homebrew shops there, too. You should visit The Beer Nut on State street, or Salt City Brew Supply on Fort Union.

Best of luck and if you have LDS friends be sure to invite more than one over at a time. If you only invite one, he'll drink all your beer. If you invite two, they'll watch each other.

Well thank you, I have been getting all my supplies from Union Station Fermentation. They are really friendly and usually have everything I needed.

Back