Transporting dry hopped keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summerofgeorge

Reaction score
I'm taking a keg of BM's Nierra Sevada on the road this weekend. I dry hopped with pellet hops in a nylon bag (doubled up). What's the best way to transport this without having too much hop sludge/particles in the beer? I know I could do a keg to keg transfer but I won't have time for that this week.

My thoughts so far are to enjoy a few pints the night before I leave to hopefully pull up some of the settled particles. Then just pull the hops out. I'd rather be able to leave them in to get more hoppy goodness. I'm just afraid that I'll have very cloudy beer.

Not much help but I dry hop in the fermenter then transfer into the keg..... I still cannot get clear beer after moving the keg without using a keg as a "brite tank" while carbing then transferring to a second keg.

Best bet would be to transfer into another keg if you've got it available. Or just prepare the good old " dry hopped and unfiltered" speech.

Back