Transfer from a sanke question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaboom133

Reaction score
The bar I work at has a half barrel of victory Golden Monkey that they can't sell. They've offered to give it to me if I can take the beer but leave the keg. I have empty cornies and empty sankes, I just don't know how to transfer from their keg to mine. Any suggestions?

Why not just use the Sanke coupler and put a cornie keg connector on the beer line. Fill the cornie with CO2 first. Then force the beer from the sanke into the cornie using the 'OUT' post. You'll have to keep purging the cornie to let the CO2 pressure out and allow the Monkey to flow.

If it's 15 gallons of beer, try the following:

Get a beer nut and hose barb. Hook the beer nut up to their sanke coupler with an "Out" Corny QD. Hook that to your keg. Then make 1 or 2 (Depending on how much beer is there) out to in hoses.

Hook it up:
Sanke > 1st keg "Out. 1st keg "IN" > second keg "Out". Second keg "In" > 3rd keg "Out". Open the relief valve on the last keg.

The beer will flow to the first keg until it's full, then flow through it's gas "In" port to the bottom of the next keg, and so on.

The nice part of all of this is that you just need to hook it up. When the sanke kicks, you'll have 1, 2, or 3 full kegs of beer and you didn't have to swap lines around or blow beer out a relief valve because the keg got full.

Thanks for the advice. I ended up taking a little from both. The half barrel was half empty and I had an empty quarter barrel so I attached the beer out line from their coupler to the beer out line of my sanke coupler (with check valve ball removed), pulled my relief valve slightly and let in flow. It ended up being almost exactly a quarter barrel of beer. Three cheers for free beer!

What is so special about their keg shell? You said that you have an empty Stanley, just give them your empty that they can return to the distributor. And take the partially full keg home.

Latest posts

Back