Torpedo kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seen that too, I would like a fermentor for 10gal batches so the 15gal one looked like an option for me.

It seems the kegmentor with the TC fitting on top might give a few more options for cooling. I use a beverage cooler right now for 5gal batches and moving to 10gals would require me come up with a new cooling solution so that is why I have been dragging my feet.

The Beverage Factory's Brite Tank is 15.5 gallons, costs a little more and there's shipping added, but I have 3 of them and am very happy with them. I drilled and silver-soldered a thermowell onto the TC cap of each, and have used them for a number of brews.

I also like them since I no-chill by allowing the hot wort to cool over-night and the TC cap is air-tight. When I'm ready to pitch the yeast, I place a gauze pad soaked in star-san around the PRV and open it up to break the vacuum before opening the TC cap.

Back