Tofino Hoppin' Cretin IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EarthKeeper

Reaction score
Tofino Brewing's Hoppin' Cretin IPA is ace. I'd love to brew a clone of this beer but I don't have the experience to figure it out on my own yet. I can definately taste the Cascade Aroma hops in it but what about the rest of the hops? What did they do to get the mellow/dry body? It also seems to blow away the 60 IBU measurement they supply, is that because of the amount of dry hopping?

I doubt that many on this forum would have tried that beer. I'm just east of Vancouver and I've never heard of the brewery or the beer. Website says Citrus, Tropical Fruit and Pine, so I'd guess offhand Cascade, Simcoe and possibly Amarillo. I'd also guess that they do alot of late additions of hops to the boil for loads of flavour and aroma without adding a whole lot of IBUs. Dry body means mostly base malts and mashed at a low temperature like 150 or so. They may have also added dextrose to dry it up further.

Latest posts

Back