Tmi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewsnthelou

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I love brewing beer, but I don't "get" the whole love of the science or math of brewing beer, maybe it's my feminine side, maybe its cause I'm a blonde, maybe cause I like to KISS. But give me good homebrew and cheers!

Enjoy your product gentlemen, just dont mind me as I glaze over when y'all start talking shop! lol

I'm the same way. I like keeping things simple and when I first started out, I could have cared less about alpha this or diacetyl that. Just tell me what to do to make a quality beverage. But after about five years now, I find myself REALLY getting into the same articles that I thought were geeky before and starting to dream of brew sculptures and whatnot. I can't say what changed but I'm turning into one of those guys you'll roll your eyes at.

I like the voodoo aspects of brewing (particularly in mead) quite a bit. There is something comforting in knowing that there is very little I can do to affect the closed system of the fermenter once all the ingredients are inside.

I didn't care either until my beer didn't taste good. Now that I've learned some things, I've improved to almost mediocre.

Engineer by trade, hack DIYer at night. So yeah, I like brewing for the same reasons I like Good Eats (although AB didn't get me into this one).

I love brewing beer, but I don't "get" the whole love of the science or math of brewing beer, maybe it's my feminine side, maybe its cause I'm a blonde, maybe cause I like to KISS. But give me good homebrew and cheers!

Enjoy your product gentlemen, just dont mind me as I glaze over when y'all start talking shop! lol

I do not want to cause problems and call you a liar.

But I think we need you to post pics to verify the above information.

;)

Rule of HBT Forums #23, all female brewers will get a request for their picture within the first few months of their account activation. No exceptions.

Well, I was going to post something about her being blonde and liking to KISS, but in the spirit of not being gross and insulting, I refrained.

Shame on the others!

CreamyGoodness said:
Rule of HBT Forums #23, all female brewers will get a request for their picture within the first few months of their account activation. No exceptions.

I've just passed my HBT one year anniversary and this is the first time I've gotten a request, so y'all are slackin'! lol
Anyhow, I have a pic on my profile :)
Prost!

Pictures?

I like the math and science behind it. Most brewers on here are either engineers or IT folks. We tend to be a tad on the analytical side.

the whole "glaze over" thing caused my mind to drift. what were we talking about here? oh yeah, without the science, there would be no simple guidelines. some smart bastard had to develop the recipe and write the directions on the "kit". No sciencie stuff, no well developed flavors and style. To each their own though and the more women that brew, the better off we are as a whole human race.
carryon

I'll confess to feeling like some of the more technical charts in Palmer were a little too "dense" for anything other than reference.

I like the math and science behind it. Most brewers on here are either engineers or IT folks. We tend to be a tad on the analytical side.

Bah, as a Science Teacher, I am offended.... :p j/k

You think my fireplace is big you should see my...BEER Mugs.....I have really big mugs, or so I've been told LOL

We'll be the jugs of that....

I mean, JUDGE of that.... doh!:drunk:

Back