Time for a new pump stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dye4me

Reaction score
I'm looking to build something for a pump stand and I saw some people enclosing thiers in ammo, tool and electrical boxes.just wondering if there are any heat build up concerns with out putting in a vent fan?

Mine is mounted on its own stand made from 1/2"'SS square tubing. It includes a double outlet box w/ switch for the pump. I can easily move it around between my HLT, BK, and chiller.

Placing a pump inside an enclosed box is not a good idea, the pump needs air circulation to keep cool if you want it to last long. The best thing to do is mount the pump on an open frame stand to allow maximum air circulation. If you have concerns about any liquid splashing on the electric pump, make a shield that you can mount just above the pump taking care not to cover it directly.

Mounting it in a box will work but it is not advised as it will lessen the life of the pump.

Latest posts

Back