Time for a mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrousjunkie

Reaction score
Ok, I'm looking two different mills. The good ole BC with the 15# hopper and the three roller MM. I've read tons on the BC and know that it's a great mill. But what about the three roller MM?? Is there anyone with experience with both? I already know the MM is going to run about $80+ more than the BC, so I'm not to worried about that right now. Also, I am currently nearly finished building an e-herms setup. I brew 5-10 gallons at a time as well. Thanks :mug:

Have you considered the two roller Monster? It would fit nicely between the two. When I was looking, I was scared away from the BC by the large number of complaints on here, coupled with the manufacturer's unresponsiveness. Your mileage may vary. After some emailing with Monster, I decided on the Monster MM-2 with stainless rollers. I'd suggest sending an email to Monster and see what they recommend based on your brewing habits. You may also want to check out Crankandstein.

The good news is that most everyone is happy with whatever mill they purchase. Good luck!

I got a great deal on my BC buying it used from a LHBS and it has served my needs so far. However, I have had some problems keeping the gap set and have had to rebuild it a couple of times in 3 years. But think about how much use and abuse that thing took before I got it! The new design of the Monster looks awesome though, and if I were buying new I would probably go that route. I think the 2 roller would be more than sufficient unless you are planning to open a supply store or a microbrewery! From what I gather from other threads the guys at MM are very responsive to emails.

Latest posts

Back