Three way manifold question for kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bojacked

Reaction score
Hey guys, Ive been kegging a long time and I've just been making due with one gas hose to charge 3 kegs to about 10psi and then just top them up as needed. A long time ago I knocked my C02 tank and reg over and it sat on live pressure for a while. It jacked up the CO2 pressure gauge and froze it or something but that doesn't really matter it just usually shows I've got no gas even when its 3/4 full. My other issue that arose from this tank tip over was that I believe it fell right on the adjustment screw and messed with the threading or something. Ever since then it's been IMPOSSIBLE to get the gauge over 10 psi (its stuck at 8psi now due to the dude messing with it at the brew shop.

so my question is, if I put in a 3 way manifold to hook all my kegs up on live pressure will I be getting about 8psi to all kegs or is that split between all 3? Will I be looking at 2.333 psi on each keg? sorry if this is a stupid question. I'd just like to avoid the disappointment of getting the manifold and then having to buy a reg too.

also any advise on getting a threaded manifold or a barbed one? The threaded one looks handy like if somebody had a keg with a different fitting, but reality is my setup is pretty static.

thanks for your advice.

co2 tank> to a manifold> will split it to "Dialed pressure"... each keg will be at set PSI.
If set at 30PSI .. They all get 30 psi.... and so on

[...]also any advise on getting a threaded manifold or a barbed one? The threaded one looks handy like if somebody had a keg with a different fitting, but reality is my setup is pretty static. [...]

Both my keezer (6-way) and carbing fridge (4-way) CO2 systems would likely be considered static, but I still recommend using manifolds equipped with shut off valves with integrated check valves and all ports terminated in MFLs. I just think they're easier to set up and maintain, but acknowledge that's probably more preference than function speaking...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back