Thoughts on my Mini-Fridge Kegerator Build Plans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,
After weeks looking around here I've finally decided to build my own mini-fridge kegerator build. Here are the parts I'm going to use, appreciate any feedback. Also, had to go mini fridge route due to lack of space.

Mini fridge: Danby 4.4 Model # DAR044A4BDD $250 new from HD
Tower : 2 Fau​cet T​ower,​ SS T​ower ​and S​hanks​ (TW1​02KIT​SS) Keg Connection
Regulator: Tapri​te Du​al Bo​dy Re​gulat​or fo​r 2 F​aucet​ Kit. Keg Connection
Faucets: Perli​ck Pe​rl Fl​ow Co​ntrol​ Draf​t Bee​r Tap​ Fauc​et. Keg Connection ($371 for tower kit from Keg Connection)

I think the only things I need to add are drip tray, side rails on the top of the fridge, and casters. This leaves me with funds to get a Cool Zone fermentation system and several extract kits to brew!!

One question I do have for the group, do I need to worry about temp control or can I just use the Danby's controls.
Thanks all for the feedback!

Just wondering if you went ahead with this kegerator project and if you ran into any issues with that Danby refrigerator. We are starting to shop around for a new fridge for a conversion and are considering the same as you did.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Danby-4-4-cu-ft-Mini-Refrigerator-in-Black-DAR044A4BDD/205471392

Just noticed this item went back up at HD and I imagine a lot of people are going to be looking at it for a kegerator build. New no-freezer mini-fridges are rough to come by these days.

As with grateful, temp regulation seems to be the only real deterrent in me pulling the trigger. Especially in this user review,

More like a cooler!! Unit doesn't get below 42 degrees. I have had it running for weeks now in my garage. The outdoor temps have varied from 40 -75 degrees and no matter the ambient temperature this just does not get cold. It is very disappointing since this item was $100 more than a unit of equal size that had a freezer. I would have saved the money and lost the shelf space to have cold beverages rather than cool beverages.

I'm assuming that for liquid temp this would be too warm. Anyone have experience with this fridge?

Hello all,
After weeks looking around here I've finally decided to build my own mini-fridge kegerator build. Here are the parts I'm going to use, appreciate any feedback. Also, had to go mini fridge route due to lack of space.

Mini fridge: Danby 4.4 Model # DAR044A4BDD $250 new from HD
Tower : 2 Fau​cet T​ower,​ SS T​ower ​and S​hanks​ (TW1​02KIT​SS) Keg Connection
Regulator: Tapri​te Du​al Bo​dy Re​gulat​or fo​r 2 F​aucet​ Kit. Keg Connection
Faucets: Perli​ck Pe​rl Fl​ow Co​ntrol​ Draf​t Bee​r Tap​ Fauc​et. Keg Connection ($371 for tower kit from Keg Connection)

I think the only things I need to add are drip tray, side rails on the top of the fridge, and casters. This leaves me with funds to get a Cool Zone fermentation system and several extract kits to brew!!

One question I do have for the group, do I need to worry about temp control or can I just use the Danby's controls.
Thanks all for the feedback!

Any update on your build? I am looking to build one myself and would love to hear your feedback on how it turned out (if you went through with the build).

Hello all, sorry for the lack of response, have not been on the forum much lately. I did not go with the Danby, I did not want to deal with the tower and other issues. I went with a small upright from HD (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Vissani-...in-White-HVDR1040W/205429596?N=5yc1vZc3nsZ4rj), all I had to do was drill two holes in the door for taps and I was done. I got a great price on this fridge and had less work to do to be up and running. Holds two corney's with 5lb CO2. No issues other than the keg is almost empty and there is nothing fermenting.

Do you have any pictures of your build? What did you end up using for the build? Did you buy a kit or go piecemeal?

Back