Thoughts on drilling through the side of a fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemman14

Reaction score
I have the fridge in the linked parts list. I know that the condenser is at the bottom and the evaporator is inside the hump. I can also see lines going up the center of the back of the fridge.
In your opinion, should I be safe to drill through the side of the fridge compartment?

Thanks for any tips in advance.

https://www.whirlpool.com/digitalassets/MLPDF/Repair Part List - 4398128.pdf

I had to drill through the wall of a deep freezer. I drilled a small pilot hole, just through the metal. Poked in, carefully, a screwdriver, found no coils. I pushed the foam out of the way, then drilled with a larger bit once I was sure no coils were in the vicinity.

A little nervewracking, but it worked fine.

That model should be safe to drill through the sides. As you say the fan-cooled condenser is under the floor, and there's no door jamb heater shown, so there shouldn't be anything running in the sides...

Cheers!

That model should be safe to drill through the sides. As you say the fan-cooled condenser is under the floor, and there's no door jamb heater shown, so there shouldn't be anything running in the sides...

Cheers!

Thanks, That is what I figured but wanted to get others opinions of it.

Latest posts

Back