Thoughts on a recipe in my head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discokid2k

Reaction score
Hello HBT Peeps, got a question for you on a recipe I have on my mind with what I have on hand.

My supplies:

9 lbs 2-row
1 lb Munich (not sure on malster or Lovibond rating but it doesnt look too dark)
8oz carapils
8oz Crystal 60l
4 oz chocolate malt
1oz US Tettnang 6.1%AA
1oz Columbus 13.9%AA
1oz German Perle 7.8%AA
1oz Tradition (German) 7.0%AA

Yeast strains I have currently: Persica WLP299, Wyeast 2575 Kolsch II, WLP500 Trappist, WLP300 Hefe, WLP830 and WLP838 (Lager fridge is in use at the moment so these are a last resort), and lastly WLP002 English ale.

So I have the 2-row, munich, and chocolate all premixed in one bag, CRy 60l and crapils are seperate so I can add however much of that I want. I was thinking Amber Ale. There is a local drink I like called Thirsty Goat Amber Ale which got me to ponder what I could brew next. My problem is I think I need a little more of "something".

I was thinking bittering with the Tettnang at 60min and .50z columbus at 5min and another .5oz columbus at 10 min and probably the WLP002. Any thoughts out there?

Latest posts

Back