Thinking about trying a new hop combo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMH5

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was thinking of playing with a hop combo for an IPA of Citra, Chinook and Belma. I use a pretty strait forward hop schedule -

@ 60 CTZ (I really like this as a bittering hop) 1 oz
@10 Citra 1/Chinook 1
@FO Citra 1/Chinook 1/Belma - 2
@DH Belma 2/Citra 2/ Chinook 1

fruity, citrus and piney spice I suppose

I've used Belma once and the only thing I think you may run into is losing it with two strong hops alongside it. It is a great hop I just don't think it is assertive enough to stand strong next to Citra and Chinook.

Just my $0.02

I've used Belma once and the only thing I think you may run into is losing it with two strong hops alongside it. It is a great hop I just don't think it is assertive enough to stand strong next to Citra and Chinook.

Just my $0.02

Thanks - Makes sense on some reviews I've read on Belma... Maybe I'll sub Centennial for Belma

Thanks - Makes sense on some reviews I've read on Belma... Maybe I'll sub Centennial for Belma

That's probably a better choice. I have used Belma once also and it was undetectable with the other hops that were in there. I now only use it for bittering.

Back