Things I've learned as a noob...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPFITNESS

Reaction score
1. When a batch comes out great it's a phenomenal experience. on my 4th batch I hit great efficiency numbers did almost everything textbook and the beer came out great. IT was a belgian and I'm not even a jhuge fan of belgians but this tasted amazing. I let a half dozen friends and strangers try it and everyone loved it. I really pressed them to give honest feedback and not blow smoke up my ass, they all loved it. Amazing feeling.

2. I've done all my brews solo, brewing with a friend must be so much more fun and easier. I live in a small NYC apt and everyone is either so on the go on weekends or at work during the week. (I'm self employed tons of flexibility in my schedule so I can brew at 10 am on a tuesday if I wish) Need to get some brewing buddies

3. Drinking while brewing sounds like a better idea than it is. I'm convinced that the majority of stupid mistakes that I see people post on here must be because they were absolutely HAMMERED during their brew day. It's really a very simple process.

4. My beer is better than yours.....cuz I made it myself!

Drinking while brewing is fine if you do it moderation. Getting hammered arround propane burners and large pots of 5+ gallons of boiling water just sounds like a bad idea to me.

It its dangerous, had a boil over on my last batch, beer and a little whiskey were involved, lol.

Brewing without beer it's like fishing without beer. Sure it can be done but would you want to! :mug:

Back