Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
images

For the past two months, I have had no coworkers. I was walked out of the building when I disagreed with the HR director about one of my direct reports job description.

I was pissed off at first but after applying for a tax number, DBA paperwork and getting a bond and insurance, I am thrilled to be on my own once more!

So no more things about coworkers to annoy me but now I have the "stupid customer questions" to deal with now.

For the past two months, I have had no coworkers. I was walked out of the building when I disagreed with the HR director about one of my direct reports job description.

I was pissed off at first but after applying for a tax number, DBA paperwork and getting a bond and insurance, I am thrilled to be on my own once more!

So no more things about coworkers to annoy me but now I have the "stupid customer questions" to deal with now.

soooo... you don't want to be a welder in Windom? we have a bunch of Paradox at the local shop... just sayin'...

I was self employed once. My boss was a jerk and my employee was lazy as all get out.

I didn't know whether to quit or fire me.

I was self employed once. My boss was a jerk and my employee was lazy as all get out.

I didn't know whether to quit or fire me.

Dang! You have the same boss that I do! The worst part is that I have to work today instead of brewing like I want.

I've been at work less than an hour, and have already been thrown under the bus.

In a meeting with a client a couple weeks ago, some information was provided by someone above me on the chain of command. It would have had serious implications on the phasing of their project. I included the info afterward in the meeting minutes, but it turned out to be inaccurate. The client fires back, "well, we have it in writing from [drainbamage]."

Sure, shoot the messenger. Should've stayed in bed this morning.

I've been at work less than an hour, and have already been thrown under the bus.

In a meeting with a client a couple weeks ago, some information was provided by someone above me on the chain of command. It would have had serious implications on the phasing of their project. I included the info afterward in the meeting minutes, but it turned out to be inaccurate. The client fires back, "well, we have it in writing from [drainbamage]."

Sure, shoot the messenger. Should've stayed in bed this morning.

Time to put a disclaimer on the minutes as a header- "information reported as described in meeting, contact process owner for verification"

Or something...

Issue with the same team member I usually complain about- waltz's in at 10AM. Complains about workload. Stares at phone for half the day.

Time to put a disclaimer on the minutes as a header- "information reported as described in meeting, contact process owner for verification"

Or something...

I was thinking more along the lines of, "information provided by upper management may or may not be consistent with reality."

The engineers are all streaming movies while I pick my way through some assembly drawings.
Go Monday.

Hey, I spent the best years of my 20's in Capen library at UB North for that privilege. ;)

Right now, coworker who's office is next door to mine has been screaming at his speakerphone for the last hour. Dude, they can hear you, you're approximately 10" from the microphone.

Her - "We need information on this and training."
Me - "I never use that and I don't have the information because I am filling in on this."
Her - "This email I am forwarding has a link to the information."

Soooo.....wtf do you want me to do???

wild goose chase

noun

noun: wild goose chase; plural noun: wild goose chases

a foolish and hopeless pursuit of something unattainable.

What my workplace specializes in.
Here is something I'd like to teach them about, in regards to what we specialize in:

op·por·tu·ni·ty cost
noun
Economics

noun: opportunity cost; plural noun: opportunity costs

the loss of potential gain from other alternatives when one alternative is chosen.

not co-workers annoying me today, but technology in general and Microsoft in particular

what part of "ASK ME to download and install updates" does Microsoft NOT ****ING UNDERSTAND?
brought the work PC in to the boss' office to clone & upgrade my hard drive because I only had like 5GB left on the old one
which is now 0.00GB, because of Microsoft updates which WERE NOT indicated, I DIDN'T APPROVE and my computer won't boot at all

Windows repair disk can't use any of the restore points, so, my PC is now a ****ing doorstop

and don't get me started on the ****ing Android update which took an hour to download (after uninstalling 90% of my apps to accommodate) only to FAIL on reboot

Insanity is defined as repeating the same actions expecting different results.

I kept on Restore, Repair, Restart, Repeat over and over and now my doorstop is once again a PC

Insanity is a legitimate troubleshooting technique

I kept on Restore, Repair, Restart, Repeat over and over and now my doorstop is once again a PC

Reminds of trying to uninstall the HP all-in-one software from an XP computer. That Admin was not shot but should have been because it is easier to re-image the computer.

Or the Dot1X configuration failure fix on our NIPR computers in Iraq. The fix was do x, y and z, restart, log in as admin, verify fix worked, if not DO THE EXACT SAME STEPS that take about 45 minutes over and over again until it does work.

There's some new people here that keep turning off the fan in the bathroom. Drives me nuts. I understand flipping the light switch to not waste electricity, but don't touch the ****in' fan! I keep walking in there and getting bombarded by a nice urinal boquet. Thanks a lot assclowns.

Also the bathroom is one urinal, one stall. Some people go in and lock the door. Go beatoff elsewhere bro.

not co-workers annoying me today, but technology in general and Microsoft in particular

what part of "ASK ME to download and install updates" does Microsoft NOT ****ING UNDERSTAND?
brought the work PC in to the boss' office to clone & upgrade my hard drive because I only had like 5GB left on the old one
which is now 0.00GB, because of Microsoft updates which WERE NOT indicated, I DIDN'T APPROVE and my computer won't boot at all

Windows repair disk can't use any of the restore points, so, my PC is now a ****ing doorstop

and don't get me started on the ****ing Android update which took an hour to download (after uninstalling 90% of my apps to accommodate) only to FAIL on reboot

mission accomplished! :rockin:

I would have a celebratory drink, but I'm not at home and have a 31 mile, 1½-hour commute through DC Beltway traffic ahead of me

but "1.6 TB free of 1.8 TB" is a whole lot nicer than "5.0 GB free of 232 GB"
Capture.JPG

Repeating a situation and expecting different results is not insanity. That's stupidity.

:eek:

Insanity is doing different tasks and getting the same result from each one.

:ban:

Spoke too soon

Went to turn off the computer and now it wants to install the 26 updates it didn't ask me if they could be installed in the first place

Went to ask my coworker ( the one always leaving early) a question on their status - producing the progress reports his the bane of my working existence - at 2:45 only to see they were gone for the day. I looked on the Microsoft lync messenger and it showed they had been away for an hour. They got in today at 830 smh

I am continually surprised at the lack of thinking all my coworkers execute on a daily basis

There's some new people here that keep turning off the fan in the bathroom. Drives me nuts. I understand flipping the light switch to not waste electricity, but don't touch the ****in' fan! I keep walking in there and getting bombarded by a nice urinal boquet. Thanks a lot assclowns.

Also the bathroom is one urinal, one stall. Some people go in and lock the door. Go beatoff elsewhere bro.

I hate dropping a chocolate log at work and someone comes in to take a leak or wait for the stall. then a martha floccer tries talking to you. unless you want me to give you direct contact pink & brown eyes, don't talk to me while I'm making playdough. I don't poop at work anymore because we can't lock the door.

Latest posts

Back