Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the one that cleans that **** up. Worked in so many restaurants in college that it has become second nature. Get some funny looks from the kids in assembly when they see someone from engineering cleaning up their filth.

I know the feeling, I'm the one who cleaned it up this morning. I also bought dish soap so nobody has any excuse to leave dirty dishes in the sink. People can be as big of a pig as they like at home, but at work we all need to try to keep things reasonably clean & tidy.
Regards, GF.

I know the feeling, I'm the one who cleaned it up this morning. I also bought dish soap so nobody has any excuse to leave dirty dishes in the sink. People can be as big of a pig as they like at home, but at work we all need to try to keep things reasonably clean & tidy.
Regards, GF.

Oh, I don't deal with the dishes. If I see someone leave a disgusting bowl in the sink, I either take it to their station and give it to them saying they forgot it in the kitchen... or just throw it in the trash.

There are people here who will take the last donut, danish, pastry, etc...
But they won't throw the box/container away. They just leave the empty box/tray/container on the counter, with crumbs everywhere of course, and usually sticky spots on the counter too. Sigh.
Regards, GF.
Not here. Nobody will ever take the last of something - they'll cut it in half. And the next guy cuts that in half...

Annoyed with our spam filter right now. We have to do business with a company in China. Apparently their email server is in an IP address range of some spammers (surprise!) so their IP is blacklisted. Our spam filter will not flow mail from their server until they are delisted.

So I'm apparently supposed to step these people through the process of delisting their IP (Which may not be possible if there are spammers or viruses on machines in the IP range) before we can get emails to flow properly between them. After all this time we've had to use gmail as an end-around, I am not confident they can figure out how to delist themselves.

So here I am in touch with our spam filter provider, AND the service they use who refuse to make that exception. And now I'm up to trying to delist this company myself because they are Chinese and conversing about the stuff we know about (moldmaking) is difficult enough. I can't imagine what it would be like to try and talk a mold shop guy through delisting their own email server so we can communicate without having to set up a bunch of gmail accounts and have everyone work through that.

I should take a half day now and go home and brew some beer...

There are people here who will take the last donut, danish, pastry, etc...
But they won't throw the box/container away. They just leave the empty box/tray/container on the counter, with crumbs everywhere of course, and usually sticky spots on the counter too. Sigh.
Regards, GF.

What about the folks who cut a donut in half and then leave the rest? Days later there is the box with 5 stale half donuts sitting on the table. Trust me honey, it's not the half donut that makes you so Rubinesque.

Not annoying but funny - a guy whose cube is by mine lets one rip without care about once every hour or two. The part that makes me chuckle is that it sounds identical to Fat Bastard letting one go.

And the sound effect...

Last edited by a moderator:
Annoyed with our spam filter right now. We have to do business with a company in China. Apparently their email server is in an IP address range of some spammers (surprise!) so their IP is blacklisted. Our spam filter will not flow mail from their server until they are delisted.

So I'm apparently supposed to step these people through the process of delisting their IP (Which may not be possible if there are spammers or viruses on machines in the IP range) before we can get emails to flow properly between them. After all this time we've had to use gmail as an end-around, I am not confident they can figure out how to delist themselves.

So here I am in touch with our spam filter provider, AND the service they use who refuse to make that exception. And now I'm up to trying to delist this company myself because they are Chinese and conversing about the stuff we know about (moldmaking) is difficult enough. I can't imagine what it would be like to try and talk a mold shop guy through delisting their own email server so we can communicate without having to set up a bunch of gmail accounts and have everyone work through that.

I should take a half day now and go home and brew some beer...

I think Hillary has some experience in this area and may be 'in-between projects' soon.

I've decided to be the annoying co-worker as of yesterday, the target, our CAD engineer.

Just a quick background, dude is a major league doofus and thinks Farm Simulator is the best game ever and also comes into my office to talk to the side of my head about stupid **** I don't care about all the time.

Yesterday, I hatched a plan. Whenever he's out of his office, I'm going to start leaving one (clean) balled up tissue on his extra work-desk per day until they pile up.

Well, when I walked by this morning, it was gone. And then it hit me... this was even better.

I'll continue to drop one balled up tissue on his desk per day and he will pick them up. If he even asks, I'll just poker face him and act like "dunno what you're talking about."

Then one day, after it becomes a normal occurrence, I'll just stop.

A couple weeks later, I'll start it up again.

I've decided to be the annoying co-worker as of yesterday, the target, our CAD engineer.

You and CADJockey work together? You know he's pretty regular on here .. and you just called him a doofus !

... and outlined your grand revenge scheme where he can read it.

This is going to be awkward on Monday.

giphy.gif

Staring off with my boss. He will call me up when he is out of the office to tell me something he saw. Goes something like this:
Him: Hey buddy you won't believe what I saw going down the frontage road!
Me: Oh yeah? What was it?
Him: I saw a lion in the back of a pick up!
Me: Cool, what can I help you with?
Him: Nothin' just called to tell you about the lion. See you when I get back to the shop.
It turns out it really was a lion, but he has done it for far less i.e. I saw 5 dead skunks in a mile or a cop pulling over a speeder.

Another one of my co-workers will machine gun fire questions. Asking 100 questions in the span of a minute will not help me answer them any faster or get you an answer period. Ask one question at a time and I can give you really great answers. 10 at once, not so much.

Just a quick background, dude is a major league doofus and thinks Farm Simulator is the best game ever and also comes into my office to talk to the side of my head about stupid **** I don't care about all the time.

Yesterday, I hatched a plan. Whenever he's out of his office, I'm going to start leaving one (clean) balled up tissue on his extra work-desk per day until they pile up.

Well, when I walked by this morning, it was gone. And then it hit me... this was even better.

I'll continue to drop one balled up tissue on his desk per day and he will pick them up. If he even asks, I'll just poker face him and act like "dunno what you're talking about."

Then one day, after it becomes a normal occurrence, I'll just stop.

A couple weeks later, I'll start it up again.

Day four of Covert tissue ops.

For four days I have left a tissue on the desk, for four days he has picked them up and thrown them away. He seems pretty pissed off lately, I'd like to think that my mind**** has played at least some small role in this.

I will soldier on.

That's too much work... Every time he steps away, just go to his keyboard:

-TOOLBAR < enter >
ALL < enter >
SHOW < enter >

You didn't hear that from me.

Yeah... that's when I would get caught, lol.

I love it because it's such a minuscule thing. A tissue on the desk.

It keeps coming back. Who could be doing this? Why is someone leaving these here? God, are they clean or dirty?

When will it end?

Day four of Covert tissue ops.

For four days I have left a tissue on the desk, for four days he has picked them up and thrown them away. He seems pretty pissed off lately, I'd like to think that my mind**** has played at least some small role in this.

I will soldier on.

Tomorrow you should leave two.

Couple of good ways we used to mess with people in the office...

Our phone system had a way of calling someone within the office, but right before it started ringing, you could put the call on hold, conference in another line, join the 2 calls, and hang up. Both lines would be left ringing, and when they both answered it would be mass confusion. Me and another guy would do it quite a bit and nobody ever figured out it was us. Most common target was this older guy who listened to extremist political radio all day and by 3:00 he would be so enraged by what he was hearing, he would absolutely flip out if his phone interrupted him only to be someone that was confused about how they were calling him.

2nd one was pretty simple, we would take all the spam faxes and either put them in peoples inboxes, or respond to them with someone's contact info in the company. It was anonymous, so you could more or less sign someone up for constant phone or email harassment.

Well, if we're talking about funking with people in the office...

The people in my department like to yell to others, instead of get up and go talk to them. You know, because why get up and move around a little when you only sit for 8 hours a day? Anyway, every day there comes a point where names just start being called out..

"Jeff.. you there?"

I yell back in my best impression of them, saying "yeah" or whatever that specific persons usual acknowledgement is. They never catch on. I do it every day. They then proceed to explain their situation or pose whatever inane question they had by yelling it out. Only, nobody answers. The lady I often post about is the biggest victim, being as long-winded as she is, she'll talk for ten minutes before realizing nobody is there.

Good times.

One of my favorites...

Every Halloween, the women in the office do a week-long Secret Santa-type thing, where they buy each other candy and cheap decorations and trinkets. Most of them are pretty straightforward and will just leave the gifts on their person's desk while they're away, but a couple will get into it and leave scavenger hunt clues.

One of the other engineers and I figured out who all was participating, and started leaving increasingly cryptic (but completely nonsensical) clues on their desks after hours, then watched as they hunted through the office on a wild goose chase.

At first, a few people started to suspect the women who traditionally did the scavenger hunts in the past. Most wised up once they figured out the clues led nowhere, but the front desk receptionist was completely wrapped up in it. Since she didn't know who was leaving the notes, she started emailing the whole office with her totally-serious interpretations of our totally-BS clues. You could walk by her desk during the day and see her frantically Googling all kinds of supernatural symbolism.

At the end of the week, we left a vague note thanking everyone for playing, but we never stepped forward to reveal ourselves. To this day, only a handful of people ever found out who was behind it, but most of them don't work here anymore, so we could still pick up where we left off.

How about like, taking your co-workers taillight cover off, then jamming a speaker wire in the brake light socket, then running that to the gas tank?

Would be funny, no?

How about like, taking your co-workers taillight cover off, then jamming a speaker wire in the brake light socket, then running that to the gas tank?

Would be funny, no?

Good prank.

If he doesn't laugh at that, then he is obviously just a humorless dick, and deserves whatever fate just threw at him.

I just tried it on my optical mouse, and it rendered it virtually useless.

Edit: Dammit Drunkle.

HA! I use trackball mouse...... ain't no tape gonna git me!! :ban:

if they leave their computer on, or if somehow you have their password, and they are particularly computer illiterate, rotate their screen 180* in the display settings.....mouse runs backward, TOTALLY funks 'em up.

Or... what about like, strip down a power cord and feed it up through their desk and into the bottom of their stapler or connect it to their filing cabinet and plug it in before work?

Like, just for a joke.

Latest posts

Back