Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When they call in sick to work because their, get this, guinea pig died. You are married with kids and a guinea pig makes you call out? Seriously?

Talking about where to go to eat for lunch for 30 minutes!! You're an adult, if decisions are this hard for you to make, why the F do you work here?

I have a weird thing about people using my things. Don't do it. If it were me i would have given her the bowl and bought myself another.
Yes I have issues.

And to the really nice woman that insists on yelling on a con call that she is leading... from her cube... GO FIND AN OPEN OFFICE!

I'm a federal employee and we have a program that allows one person to transfer annual leave (vacation) to another to use as sick leave if they don't have enough to cover surgery, pregnancy, etc... You can't donate sick for sick. Seems like a LOT of request for donations get submitted mid-summer and this time of year, the Holiday Season. With Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up I have been getting several emails a day, EVERYDAY, from this program with a list of people who are asking for donated time.

Bad stuff happens, people get sick. It just timing of these requests that is obvious.

I'm a federal employee and we have a program that allows one person to transfer annual leave (vacation) to another to use as sick leave if they don't have enough to cover surgery, pregnancy, etc... You can't donate sick for sick. Seems like a LOT of request for donations get submitted mid-summer and this time of year, the Holiday Season. With Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up I have been getting several emails a day, EVERYDAY, from this program with a list of people who are asking for donated time.

Bad stuff happens, people get sick. It just timing of these requests that is obvious.

Don't blame the player, blame the game. That's kind of a messed up system anyway. Not a bad system to have, just a bad one to publicize. Need to crack down on the losers who are trying to scam.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

We used to have a similar policy - which I don't have a problem with. If I'm sitting on 2 months of vacation (which has happened), and someone has a major crisis, I could see donating some time to them.... assuming its someone that I know would have my back in a similar situation. Our policy stated you could only 'gift' someone extra time once a year, and there was a limit on how much time they could be given.

Having the ability to email-blast all of your coworkers "requesting" them to donate time seems like a really bad idea.

We have something similar called the "catastrophic leave bank". Requests are qualified by HR & then sent out to all employees. You can find out the particulars of the need, but not the person (I think). I've donated to a new employee who's small son drowned and someone with cancer. I don't think the recipient knows where donations come from either.

We have something similar called the "catastrophic leave bank". Requests are qualified by HR & then sent out to all employees. You can find out the particulars of the need, but not the person (I think). I've donated to a new employee who's small son drowned and someone with cancer. I don't think the recipient knows where donations come from either.

I think it's an awesome thing to have a system to give to someone truly in need. A newer employee facing a situation without built up benefits, or someone in a dire situation, definitely deserve a helping hand. I commend anyone who has lent a helping hand to anyone in need. I despise anyone who would "work" such a system.

My co-workers don't bother me... it's the managers and executives that annoy the friggin' hell out of me.

They have no soul

When they call in sick to work because their, get this, guinea pig died. You are married with kids and a guinea pig makes you call out? Seriously?

FN LOSER! It is a disposable rodent, dinner in many places. (I think south America) Throw the thing in the trash and get to work and do your damn job!

Sorry if this seems harsh but crying over something that now garbage is kinda weird. ...dumb....idiotic. .... stupid. .....etc. those things live what 2 years? How attached could you be. I have no sympathy for deliberate stupidity. Unexcused absence. ... sorry find a new place to work where the boss is an idiot. If you called in sick for that to me, after I stopped laughing at you over the phone after a good 5 minutes I would tell you that if you didn't show up to work and on time that you would no longer have a job. It also means that you were probably a cr@p employee anyway so good riddance.

We have that program too (state government) but it rarely gets implemented. You pretty much have to be in some condition that you're laid up so long you exhausted all your leave time and FMLA time.

I can think of maybe two times it's come up in my 5 years here, and the last time it was a guy undergoing cancer treatment. I can spare a couple days for that.

They are not being ironic? "Living the dream" is a common phrase where I worked (I just retired). It's sometimes good for a laugh because everyone knows what you really mean is "I hate this f***ing job".

There's this manager at my work, and one day on a Friday he asked how I'm doing. I said I was kind of bummed out because it's Friday and I am facing 2 whole days of not being able to come in here, but come Sunday night I should be in better spirits. You know, a ****ing joke.

Now every time I see this guy on a Friday he mentions this. EVERY. TIME.

This was like 2 years ago.

The guy who takes hour and a half to two and a half hour lunches where the rest of us take 45 minute ones. Then leaves as if he only took a 45 himself. Today it was an hour 20 and I was shocked that he cut it short. And the bosses are aware and no one does anything about it. I hate having a good work ethic.

The guy who takes hour and a half to two and a half hour lunches where the rest of us take 45 minute ones. Then leaves as if he only took a 45 himself. Today it was an hour 20 and I was shocked that he cut it short. And the bosses are aware and no one does anything about it. I hate having a good work ethic.

Oh you mean one of our Managing Directors? Lol only difference is he comes in at 10 and leaves at 4

we have a guy that really pisses me off. our shop is pretty flexible with hours. we have 4 days of 12 hour shifts to get our 40 hours in. I take 15 minute lunches so I can get home early. my choice. this guy frequently leaves 4-5 hours early, takes 45 minute to 1 hour lunches, then complains when he has to work all day Thursday and still won't make his hours. that is what pisses me off about him. the complaining about something he did to himself.

I tend to put in a 70 hour work week before I take two consecutive days off. Otherwise I work 6, sometimes 7, days a week. The exception being family functions and special events or vacation. This thread makes me laugh.

I tend to put in a 70 hour work week before I take two consecutive days off. Otherwise I work 6, sometimes 7, days a week. The exception being family functions and special events or vacation. This thread makes me laugh.

Your story makes me cry.

Sounds like you run your own business...at least you're your own boss

I used to have a job like that but was not my own boss nor was I paid time & a half for over time. My employer talked about profit sharing but nothing ever came of it. I found something better after a couple of years.

I used to have a job like that but was not my own boss nor was I paid time & a half for over time. My employer talked about profit sharing but nothing ever came of it. I found something better after a couple of years.

Ah. The old profit sharing routine. My last job didn't pay crap, and had the old profit sharing routine. I got a decent check usually, but it could've just as easily not have been there through no fault of my own, so I didn't like it. When I found out a guy I trained started out at $2.50/hr more than I was making after two years, I knew it was time to go.

When the few people that actually came to work, don't work and instead talk about the snow storm all day. We are all aware of it. We can all see and hear the news. We don't need your recap of what is going on outside.

Act like you've been there before.

It might be redundant to post about this, but one of my co-workers complains all day long and it is exhausting to listen to. Not one of these complaints is valid. Any completely normal part of your job task this guy is asked to do, you can be sure he will gripe about it until its done (late), and then spend the next few days complaining to anyone who will listen. Even if you don't want to hear it, he is so loud you can hear him across the office.

I'm stuck at work with a coworker who's been here since midnight monday-tuesday. I can at least say she's one of the more pleasant ones to be stuck with. Had it been one of the others, I woulda turned around and went home yesterday on the drive in.
It's funny how the person who lives closest can't make it in (I drove past her place on my way in yesterday).:what::confused:

I'm stuck at work with a coworker who's been here since midnight monday-tuesday. I can at least say she's one of the more pleasant ones to be stuck with. Had it been one of the others, I woulda turned around and went home yesterday on the drive in.
It's funny how the person who lives closest can't make it in (I drove past her place on my way in yesterday).:what::confused:

Oh yeah, we've got a lot of that going on right now. Claiming to be snowed in and living in the area that got a dusting. Lady says, "I can't make it in, the snow is craaaaazy. I'll just work from home today and tomorrow."

Work from home. She doesn't even work from work.

Oh yeah, we've got a lot of that going on right now. Claiming to be snowed in and living in the area that got a dusting. Lady says, "I can't make it in, the snow is craaaaazy. I'll just work from home today and tomorrow."

Work from home. She doesn't even work from work.

Hahahaha

They must have changed the eggs they use in the downstairs cafeteria because every morning its been smelling like rhino farts:smack::eek:

Another one for football and fantasy football talk. Every Monday it's the "we did this", "we did that" or "next week we play you" or something to that effect. You didn't play and you're not playing next week, you sit at a desk for a living, you don't play football. Stop talking like you're part of the team. Also, stop talking to each other across the office, there are other people trying to work that don't care about your stats.

Latest posts

Back