The THING Movie(both of 'em)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW. This thread devolved into horror movie snob/nerd AWESOMENESS!!!!!

The original Evil Dead II is AWESOME. I agree that remakes are usually money grabbing retarded hollywood crap paste (SUCK it puffy combs) but some deserve to be re-done.

Hated Heretic, you and EYE are the same!!! I mean.....wait.......The original Judge Dredd had merit?????

Oh well. The new one was really good one dimensional ACTION....but has one HUGE flaw. (anyone care to guess?)

The Evil Dead remake...(was it really?? I think they just found an "about to be anounced" script of a totally unrelated movie and said...."WAIT!!!!! This haz a CABIN????durrrrrrrrr.....pass da meth") did an OK job of being a movie, but like the HOBBIT, they took 3 random passages from a 200 page book and cobbled together a movie from some other ****.

The Evil Dead remake...(was it really?? I think they just found an "about to be anounced" script of a totally unrelated movie and said...."WAIT!!!!! This haz a CABIN????durrrrrrrrr.....pass da meth") did an OK job of being a movie, but like the HOBBIT, they took 3 random passages from a 200 page book and cobbled together a movie from some other ****.

Not exactly. Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell produced the remake and had a bunch of directors pitch their ideas and chose the winner in part because they liked the fact that he wanted to do a totally different movie. It would be comparable to The Hobbit if J.R.R. Tolkien had personally hand-picked Peter Jackson after he had heard his idea and given his blessing to the changes.

OK. So, to nerd out completely since no one got it (or no one cared) The flaw in Dredd is this:

A drug that made time go by sllllllllooooooowwwwwwwwwwwly, would actually speed you way the eff up. Your reactions would be lightening quick.

lol...interesting..never thought about that..

The best thing imo Sam has done lately was Drag me to Hell, i enjoyed the concept as well as the ending, the new Evil Dead. . .meh.

there's something to be said for the classics not only in some of their originality, but also the feel and the music...not everything has to have a "jump" factor to it, the suspense and fear is the drug of horror films, but most are all so bloody f'ing redundant.

one of the things like liked most of WWZ was some of the music, totally reminded me of a Dario Agrento score from like Suspiria

Agreed, Black Sunshine was probably my favorite on that record.

Yes, now I remember.. Yes extremely silly indeed. :mug:

EDIT: That movie also featured Courtney Cox before aliens attacked her face.

Let's get back to topic. Feel free to start your own 'Rob Zombie" t:off:hread.

Let's get back to topic. Feel free to start your own 'Rob Zombie" t:off:hread.

You missed his point....he couldn't care less about Rob ;)

The discussion was about re-makes, which was on topic. Rob Zed is the puffy combs (arguably) of the horror industry, and therefore relevant...although the tangent into his music slipped even further off track, this thread was pretty one dimensional, and needed a little controversy.....

OH HELL!!! As long as we are OT.....Just watched Dredd....AGAIN!!!! Awesome. The Wesly Snipes/Stallone pos is unwatchable. I give a thumbs up to that re-make.

:mug:

Did I mention that this is Texas? and we will kick you in a pit?

;)

How about this one?
Invaders from Mars (1953)

Took damn near a year before I would step foot off of pavement. Bare dirt, grass, playground, no way. Concrete or asphalt, that was it.

It had to be real, it was in COLOR!

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/-2Pw2QSlA1A?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/-2Pw2QSlA1A?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

OK went back to it.......the scene where the idiots go to the old lady's house to get the exorcism (or whatever)is SO like the scene from Evil Dead 2 where all of the lamps and deer heads and stuff start laughing......just me????

If the goat starts laughing I am gonna KILL Someone.

OK............ahem.......thanks for allowing me to.....ummm.......vent here........the movie became sufferable after it EFFING BECAME AN EVIL DEAD MOVIE............

WTF??????

Ah well. At least it is watchable the last 30 minutes or so.

Have you noticed that they keep ruining big budget zombie movies by giving them happy endings? I'm thinking of World War Z and I Am Legend. Wtf? Who ever heard of a zombie movie with a happy ending? Especially I Am Legend which was based on The Last Man on Earth, which had such a perfect ending. That really pissed me off. I haven't read World War Z yet, but I'm willing to bet it had a better ending too.

Have you noticed that they keep ruining big budget zombie movies by giving them happy endings? I'm thinking of World War Z and I Am Legend. Wtf? Who ever heard of a zombie movie with a happy ending? Especially I Am Legend which was based on The Last Man on Earth, which had such a perfect ending. That really pissed me off. I haven't read World War Z yet, but I'm willing to bet it had a better ending too.

One of my BIGGEST pet peeves.....ALTERNATE ENDINGS.....WTF?

There is an unhappy ending to I am Legend.....and maybe 2 happy endings??? I lost count.

I've never seen the WWZ movie so I may be off base, but I have read the book. It's more of a collection of various stories and interviews of personal incidents around the world, some of which have happy endings... and some of which don't. There's a central narrator but definitely not a brad pitt action hero who's directly involved in each scenario. He's just an interviewer collecting the stories.

It's definitely worth a read.

I Am Legend were vampires...just saying.. but Romero did base Night of the Living Dead off of Last Man on Earth (closest adaptation to the book I Am Legend(great read))

yes, WWZ the book was/is F'in!! amazing!! the movie however isn't half bad if you go into it not thinking of the book and looking at it as a more car chase/action/race against time movie.. . i've watched it a few times now, good grilled cheese rainy afternoon movie. . :)

That last REC movie had a pretty good ending I thought, if you can make it through the rest of it.

Finally got around to watching The Thing the other day. How did I not know about this movie? It was right up my alley. Plus now I get all the references/parodies I've seen like on South Park and Futurama. Makes me wonder what else I've been missing out on. Although in my defense I wasn't born yet when this movie came out. Actually now that I think about it there are a lot of classic movies I need see.

Back