The Shining

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alemonkey

Reaction score
....is on right now. Damn, that's a good movie.

But I have to say, the wife in that movie is so freakin' annoying. If I was married to her I'd probably go crazy and try to off her too.

The Shining is absolutely my favorite horror movie of all time. No one, absolutely NO ONE can portray a better mad man than Jack Nicholson. That is what makes the entire story so believable. Between Stephen King and Jack Nicholson, absolute derangement becomes so plausible. Sheer genius. The man is a god when it comes to insanity!

I agree. Best horror movie ever*. Jack is at his best.

*I always buffer this by stating the Jaws probably f*cked me up the most out of any horror movie I've ever seen, so I guess maybe that was the scariest. I do get wiggy in hotels with long, empty corridors due to the Shining, but I couldn't swim in the ocean for 5 years after Jaws. In fact, I still don't like swimming in the ocean because of that damn movie......

Back