The San Diego area thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which location did you get it from? Wife works down the street from one Paseo. May ask her to swing by.

After reading this thread, checked and it looked like people were drinking it still at the source (near Scripps Ranch?). Can we just get it from there via can or crowler? Tempted to visit soon if that’sthe cass.

I know this is a “San Diego area” thread, but feel like my favorite recent IPAs have been from Casa Agria. They’re killing it.

Have you been getting them shipped to you? Or picked up at a local shop?

Recently been hitting up San Diego Wine and they are well stocked on lots of Casa Agria as well as big variety of other IPAs.

Haven’t seen Nelson! Nelson! yet, but really haven’t been hunting for it. Want to be able to just get whatever quality I want a few miles away (and Scripps Ranch really ain’t that far from me, but feeling lazy).

You misspelled Jetty. And nug o’ war comes back soon I think!

Ps tough loss for the colts, quick exit from a survivor pool for me
They’ve done couple runs of both of those haven’t they?

PS Who??

PPS
1600049822740.png

PPPS
1600049890175.gif

This series will be fun but ultimately if either team gets swept it doesn't really change a whole lot. Both are in the playoffs already.

That's my concern. Our bullpen's looked like ass the past week or so. They're either regressing or tired or something.

Yeah, that's LA's concern. Padres' pen has almost turned a corner. Still don't have faith in a couple of them, but if Lamet can go deep into the game and leave the cleanup to Hill and Rosenthal then I think they can shut down Dodger hitting. Just need Padres offense to keep doing what they are doing along with Tatis not playing as poorly as he did yesterday with his bat (or lack thereof), that questionable base-running in the afternoon game, and his throws over to first. Hosmer was able to dig those out of the dirt but Moreland is definitely not there yet.

This series will be fun but ultimately if either team gets swept it doesn't really change a whole lot. Both are in the playoffs already.

I don't think just making the playoffs is the goal for either team. It's conceivable that these two could end up facing off for the NL pennant, and a sweep by either one this week would give the winner confidence and the loser self-doubt going into a showdown if it happens.

I wanted to get into the dodgers' bullpen so bad when I saw that Kershaw was on the mound for LA tonight, but I didn't expect Muncy to also be on our team. A few of his decisions and throws tonight were definitely noodle scratchers, but hey, I'll take a W.

They'll likely play in the Nlds no matter who wins the west. Probably in Texas, what a stupid ****ing year. Also, I need to get that beer even as a Dodger fan, glad to see some of their beers up here.

Picked some up. Lots of dry hoppiness and a wonderful minerality not found in most IPAs these days. I might have to buy another pack for the weekend.

Debating a road trip or getting some NPBC shipped to Orange County, try the new wet hop IPA by chance?

Debating a road trip or getting some NPBC shipped to Orange County, try the new wet hop IPA by chance?
Strata Rocket is excellent. Bright hop profile on the nose with huge passion fruit, pineapple, plus touches of orange zest and dankness. Palate largely follows with this rad sort of lightly candied passion fruit finish. Fantastic use of wet hops with no unpleasant grassy notes.

One Simple Trick is also killer. Dank, resinous nose with a fruit-driven palate of white wine grapes, berries, and stone fruit. Beautifully soft mouthfeel, with just a hint of restrained, balancing bitterness. Dangerously drinkable.

NPBC continues to absolutely dominate.

Back