THE perfect food

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 1 stick of Jalapeno Bear Sausage, a small piece of baked Sheefish and homemade Mac and Cheese for lunch.

God I miss Alaska. I've had 3 job offers up there (1 at Ft. Rich, 1 at Ft. Greeley, 1 in Shemya) but SWMBO won't move up there. One of the best meals I ever had was a halibut smoked on an alder wood plank with wild greens and some kind of peas. No doubt that halibut was less than an hour off the boat. Breakfast the next morning was caribou sausage with free range eggs and coffee made in an old peculator. Oh yeah....and Alaskans KNOW their beer!

Sheefish?

Kind of like a freshwater tarpon if you look at pictures of it, lives in many of the rivers. White, flakey flesh. We baked this one but I like it pickled, fried, or smoked - kind of reminds me of the walleyes back in Michigan for flavor andf texture.

Kind of like a freshwater tarpon if you look at pictures of it, lives in many of the rivers. White, flakey flesh. We baked this one but I like it pickled, fried, or smoked - kind of reminds me of the walleyes back in Michigan for flavor andf texture.

Wait wait wait.. there is a fish that big that tastes like walleye... my god thats it im moving to Alaska. All the game and fish, and apparently if you watch discovery theres work for a chubby guy with an epic gotee.

God I miss Alaska. I've had 3 job offers up there (1 at Ft. Rich, 1 at Ft. Greeley, 1 in Shemya) but SWMBO won't move up there. One of the best meals I ever had was a halibut smoked on an alder wood plank with wild greens and some kind of peas. No doubt that halibut was less than an hour off the boat. Breakfast the next morning was caribou sausage with free range eggs and coffee made in an old peculator. Oh yeah....and Alaskans KNOW their beer!

:off:My SWMBO is hinting that when I retire she wants to move outside and unfortunately, I'm 53 and 5 spine surgeries so far, I am starting to think that may not be so bad.

However until then, I am going to continue to enjoy the tasty delights the wilds and waters of Alaska including the growing number of craft breweries, wineries and meaderies!

Pizzoccheri. A buckwheat pasta with butter and cheese. I had it in a tiny trattoria called Stefano's on the hills of Monte Legnone outside Colico.

I spoke very little Italian but the place was fantastic. I need to get my ass back there again. I had bresaola and other delicious salumi as an antipasti. Braulino semifredda. The most relaxed night of my life.

This morning it was a couple of turkey sandwiches on some firm buns with a hot bowl of mash & turkey gravy. With a cascade pale of course.

Just finished eating a family favourite comfort food. Steak & ale pie with mashed potatoes and green beans.

The best part? Using my own Christmas Collision ale in the pie. SWMBO declared it the best pie in recent memory. I am taking that as confirmation that I am excused washing up duties.

image-3996368065.jpg

Cheers!

Yes, although I made the shortcrust up as part of a bigger batch a month or so ago and kept it in the freezer until this afternoon. Speeds up the pie when a busy week draws to a close and you just want pie.

This is killing me, it´s almost 10:30 PM here I had lunch 10 hours ago and still stuck in work for another half an hour and I keep seeing posts of food that looks delicious
Wasn´t this a beer forum? You guys are killing me.
Cheezy those shrimps look fantastic

This is killing me, it´s almost 10:30 PM here I had lunch 10 hours ago and still stuck in work for another half an hour and I keep seeing posts of food that looks delicious
Wasn´t this a beer forum? You guys are killing me.
Cheezy those shrimps look fantastic

Sorry!

:mug:

If that sauce was as good as it looked it is a shame you didnt have some rice for sopping.

Sourdough bread! Not pictured, but slightly toasted and perfect for sopping!

cheezydemon3 said:
Care to share a crust recipe? that looks AWESOME!

I use a recipe from a book by an English celebrity chef called Delia Smith.

Couldn't find her recipe as a standalone online but it's the same as the pastry part of this recipe. http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/meat/offal/mums-steak-and-kidney-plate-pie.html

The secret is keeping everything cold. Using a food processor instead of hands makes a big difference. Unless demon's are cold blooded of course, then hands will be fine.

Back