The obligatory "what did you get for your brewery from Santa this year?" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seatazzz

Well-Known Bloviator & Pontificator
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know I've got a couple of things coming (dual temp controller and fermwrap) and bought myself the stuff I needed to get my brewstand going. And husband is being super mysterious about something he got me. Bit of backstory; this is our 17th christmas together, and every year we get each other something that the other knows what it is, plus one surprise gift. I'm getting new sexy boots (I picked them out) and something else. We don't open gifts until late morning at my mom's so I've got a few more hours to wonder.

So what did you all get this year?

I know I've got a couple of things coming (dual temp controller and fermwrap) and bought myself the stuff I needed to get my brewstand going. And husband is being super mysterious about something he got me. Bit of backstory; this is our 17th christmas together, and every year we get each other something that the other knows what it is, plus one surprise gift. I'm getting new sexy boots (I picked them out) and something else. We don't open gifts until late morning at my mom's so I've got a few more hours to wonder.

So what did you all get this year?
I buy supplies as I need them but I do have 2 yeasts coming Friday

3 big SS spoons, an awesome huge potato masher, a brew log book.

A T-shirt showing all of the breweries/brewpubs in Billings, MT and a big ass bottlecap sign for my brewery.

20181225_114551.jpg

Technically not a brewing tool, but my son got me a flatscreen TV for the garage/brewery! No more watching an iPad while I brew!

I got a dry hopping tube for my kegs and another inkbird plug and play for my fermentation chamber from my fiance. My parents got me a custom home brewery sign to hang up as well.

Different gift from different people in the family:
-Fancy leather brew journal and pen
-$75 gift card to Midwest supplies
-1yr AHA membership with printed zymergy
-(2) 2.5 gal kegs for small experimental beers or split 5 gallon batches, (I asked for these)

Overall very happy and have time off to do a couple batches before going back to work

Last edited:
I’m a split batch extract brewer (2.5 gal batches) at this point in time, so just about everything I got is targeted towards that. The haul from this Christmas includes:
- 4.4 gal GigaWort electric brew pot
- 3.5 gal SS Brewtech mini brew bucket
- Silver Serpent immersion chiller
- hop spider, mesh strainer
- inkbird for temp monitoring in the Brewtech

That and a couple 5 gal recipe kits

Last edited:
Mom always buys me a brewers best extract kit. It’s the only extract kit I do all year. Otherwise I’m all grain. But my moms 70 and means well by the gift so I happily brew it every year, and am thankful for her gifts. Otherwise I struck out this year. Lol. Wife thinks I have enough already.

Last edited:
$150 worth of gift certificates to my LHBS from my mom/wife; from my wife: 4 kinds of hops from yakima valley (I asked for 4, and she got 4, but 2 of them weren't the ones I asked for; I'm sure I'll find a use), a German recipe-centric homebrew book, a new corny keg, 2 unique hand made beer glasses, beer candy (3 kinds - not just the hop flavored stuff), and a gift certificate for a local brew bus tour.

My friend gave me a LBHS giftcard and my wife let me have a beer fridge. The latter might as well have been a gift as my dad had it and wasn't using it, it was just a matter of convincing my wife to let it take up space. Now she has some wine in it too and no more beer in the main fridge.

Also I gifted myself a Fermonster.

SS Brewtech electric retrofit kit and 5500W tc element from brewhardware

JaDeD Hydra! Loving it too. Used it yesterday on 10 gallons of Belgian Dark Strong, and took it from boiling to 72° in 10 minutes flat. If you use an immersion chiller and it's not by JaDeD you're missing out.

I hit the jackpot this year! I got a 7 gallon SS brew bucket, a Barley Crusher grain mill, the home brewers companion by Charlie Papazian and a Dogfish Head hoody.
I have that book , still a good reference or good reading while " in the library"

Back