The Must-Have's of a Backyard "Festival"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewschBag

Reaction score
I am finally feeling a little confident in my abilities to brew tasty beer and effectively manage my pipeline. To that end, I have decided to host a small gathering in my backyard for friends and family (a 21 and over crowd).

What would you guys recommend that I have for this event?

So far my plan is roughly 20-30 people for 4 hours in the afternoon. I am shooting for 6 different beers; blonde, tripel, wheat, light lager, oktoberfest and maybe a stout?

I am planning on serving some moinks and ABTs along with pretzels. I will also have a tent, picnic table, music and some yard games.

What am I missing?

Also, it's worth noting that I'm trying to get by kind of cheap on this whole thing. Feel free to list plenty of extravagant things for the next guy, but I will not be renting a port-a-potty this year.

I have done lots of those parties!! One thing that people like is a short write up about every beer you serve. People like to know a little bit about what they are drinking. I also put out a book that people can write down their comments about the beers they like...or didn't like.

Got a party a week from tomorrow myself - annual "back to school" staff party.

*Food - I do smoked pork butts/pulled pork sandwiches. Others "bring a side/snack/appetizers" to share.

*Beverage - I have home brew - 3 session ales that are mild and low alcohol for the masses (Blonde, British Bitter, British Dark Mild) Plus other brews for those who want them (IPA, Oktoberfest, etc.) I also supply water, pop, etc. for the Non drinkers.

*Music = Blues

*yard games! +1 (bean bags, ladder golf, polish horseshoes, jarts, etc.)

I will have the 3 main kegs with picnic taps, plus the pop in a tub full of ice out in the yard area where there is easy access. The other beers, I will pour pitchers and have them on my bar in the basement as people want them.
I also put a dry erase board out describing the beers I have on tap for those who are interested.

Sounds to me like you have most of the bases covered.

Latest posts

Back