the most you ever paid for beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tripplehazzard

Reaction score
What is the biggest, most rare. .. most expensive beer you have bought? Just curious. There are some good ones out there. Some people might kill for like black Friday shopping for beer lovers

When I first started out this hobby about 10 years ago I had 10 gallons of extremely rare homemade bacteria beer that tasted like crap.....
That was my most expensive beer to date.
SANITIZE!!!

Bwahaha. Ya I bet. I haven't been that lucky yet. Lol. With sour beers trending that might be worth quite a bit now ... I just found a love child #2 last week for 25 bucks. I think thatz my limit.... maybe...

My sister's boyfriend just got a bottle of Sam Adams' 2013 Utopia... at the low low price of $180, approximately $20 less than Sam Adams' suggested $199/bottle. I don't know if a more expensive beer exists.

in '02 or '03 I bought a bottle of Sam Adam's Millennium Ale for $200. I drank it Christmas of '07. of course I still have the bottle, wood box, and liner bag just for bragging rights.

$28 for a bottle of 2013 Surly Darkness that just blew up in my beer cellar! What a waste! :( Fortunately I was able to salvage and drink about 10 oz if glass ridden RIS.

$35 for Surly Pentagram (which I know is high but couldn't find it anywhere else) Otherwise $25 for Surly Darkness and $25 Surly Seviin

BrewDog produced a beer that was 55% abv and came in the taxidermied carcass of a squirrel that was $500 a bottle.

Most I've ever spent. $30 on a 50/50 Eclipse.

BrewDog produced a beer that was 55% abv and came in the taxidermied carcass of a squirrel that was $500 a bottle.

Most I've ever spent. $30 on a 50/50 Eclipse.

I forgot about that one, wasn't it called armageddon or end of the world or something?

BrewDog's End of history

brewdog_taxidermy211_534.jpg

Well, there was taking up home brewing... :p

We drove to Austin to drink Jester King RU-55.

Less than $20 and it was either a JK or some Grand Cru.

$28 for a bottle of 2013 Surly Darkness that just blew up in my beer cellar! What a waste! :( Fortunately I was able to salvage and drink about 10 oz if glass ridden RIS.

Now that's dedication!

Most I ever spent is probably pretty meager comparatively, but it happens pretty frequently when I pay $20+ for a bomber of some to die for beer or another.

McBrewskie said:
BrewDog's End of history

Thanks for this. Your life is forever changed once you pour beer from the inside of a dead squirrel. Priceless.

$15 for a Heineken in South Korea and cheapest was $1.25 for Heineken in Mongolia. Can of coke or pepsi was a $1.50, so that was a no brainer.

The most I ever spent on beer at one purchase? That's easy. I made the purchase for a keg party once at about $200.

Most I ever spent on one 12 oz bottle? $6.95 for a Dogfishhead 120 IPA at the local craft beer store.

I don't care what kind of beer it is, I'm not spending over $10 for one bottle. I'd much prefer to spend $50 on the best 750ml bottle of bordeaux blend red wine available in my state: http://www.barboursvillewine.net/winery/octagon

Me and some random dude I met in a bar split a $50 750ml Belgian super-rare something-or-another.... I honestly don't know, I was pretty trashed. Too trashed to even appreciate whatever it was, I just remember it was highly carbonated and blonde (as it was coming back up later).

The details are still fuzzy, but according to SWMBO, me and "Bob?" and the bartender had been talking craft beer all evening, and the bartender told us about this great bottle he'd had squirreled away for a while, the backstory of the brewery, the elaborate brewing/bottling process, about how it was the greatest beer ever... and apparently I just had to have it.

I was very pissed when I saw the credit card bill the next day. Apparently I way over-tipped the barman too.

Me and SWMBO now have an understanding about her keeping me from making stupid decisions at the bar....

At a bar - $11 for a Miller Light at Blue Martini in Fort Lauderdale before I knew about craft beer.

Craft - Bought 3 bottles of Hunahpu earlier this year for $60. Still have two of them.

For my birthday I got Brewdog Dog A & B @ $35 and Alesmith Grand Cru @ about $30. The very early beginnings of a specialty cellar.

I think it was $22 or $25 on Allagash Fluxus. And $20 on Sam Adams imperium.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

$14 US for a pint of Guinness at the bar between arrivals and Passport control in the Dubai airport. 5 months without a beer also made it the best barley pop ever to pass my lips.

My most expensives thus far:

~$50 for a 5 year old bottle of Rodenbach Grand Cru (entirely worth it)
~$12-15 for various 10 oz pours of Russian River beers. Pliny wasn't worth it. Supplication was hands down.
~$12-15 for various 10 oz pours of Cantillon beers. All worth it hands down without exception.

I've paid in the neighborhood of $20-25 for a number of 750mls over the years, and won't do it for most beers, but for sours and the like, it's usually worth it to me.

$50 for Murd'd Out Stout collab beer. Took it with a dozen other treats to Shanghai and shared with the expat brewers and craft lovers there.

Most for a single beer? $38 for a 750mL bottle of Angel's Share. Bought it when my second child was born in 2009. Aged it for 18 months, popped it the day we closed on our house and... it was flat. Bastards!

Most overall? I bought the Westy 12 six-pack for $85+tax... Although I split it with a buddy, so that was only ~$45 for me.

Latest posts

Back