The hopefully not obnoxious wood fired brick oven build thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL!!!!!!!

Did you actually post a picture of that barnicle encrusted tub as a diversion from the actual topic of this thread?!?!?!?

"Ohhhhhhh... I have to wrap my boat... and byyyyyyyy the way.... here's a picture of it"

LOL!!! You're unreal.

you funny. I kill you last.

Somehow Paul... you may take a lot of abuse from this crowd but... i think they are all jealous.

Guilty as charged... I lie awake at night... tossing and turning... thinking to myself over and over and over again... "DAMN IT!!! I wish I could spend $6k and 200 hours of work to burn the *^(% out of four pizzas!!"

Ooooooo... that Paul... always sticking it right in our faces.

such a braggard.

Cape, you're a finance guy, can you please give me a break even analysis of building a pizza oven? I gotta figure, eating 6 pizzas a week, this thing will pay for itself in about 47 years. Can you check my math?

Cape, you're a finance guy, can you please give me a break even analysis of building a pizza oven? I gotta figure, eating 6 pizzas a week, this thing will pay for itself in about 47 years. Can you check my math?

You're starting out with some bad assumptions, so you're never going to get a good answer. Does Paulie look like a guy who only eats six pizzas a week?

shockingly... you're dead on. I actually come out with EXACTLY 47 years.

That said, I didn't factor in the time value of money given where rates are these days. Over time, required rates of return will definitely increase which would certainly push that pay-back period back. That said... back-of-the-envelope... yeah. I come up with 47 years as well.

Yeah, but do you really think he is going to have the motivation to schlep out in the winter to fire that thing up? I'm working with averages here.

shockingly... you're dead on. I actually come out with EXACTLY 47 years.

That said, I didn't factor in the time value of money given where rates are these days. Over time, required rates of return will definitely increase which would certainly push that pay-back period back. That said... back-of-the-envelope... yeah. I come up with 47 years as well.

Don't forget to include to cost of seafood pizzas he's making with stuff harvested by the LSU.

What are his scallops running? $3,458/lb?

Frig. Dress it up as an igloo, string some lights up on it and edit the name of this thread to "Hopefully not obnoxious really expensive Christmas decoration build" thread and call it done. Then bulldoze it into the compost pile in the spring.

Frig. Dress it up as an igloo, string some lights up on it and edit the name of this thread to "Hopefully not obnoxious really expensive Christmas decoration build" thread and call it done. Then bulldoze it into the compost pile in the spring.

As if it won't collapse on its own by then?

What's cute is how you guys all want so desperately to be me but none of you are willing to admit it. You're like little boys who spent the first 11 years of their lives hero worshiping their dad but are now way to cool to for that. Eventually those teenaged boys realize that they were right and by the time the old man dies they're insurance salesmen, sitting around in polyester suits, driving a minivan, cheering for the Raiders, and blubbering into a beer "He was the most amazing guy in the world. Hell, in the universe. He could do anything!"

Don't wait till I'm dead to acknowledge that I'm wicked pissah. Do it now while I'm still around. Imagine the regret you'll feel if you never get a chance to tell me. Especially you, Cape.

Please, this is WAY better than "i was just sitting on a stool".

1) the overalls are FAN-tastic..
and
2) sittin' with all your friends?

View attachment 236763

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

Looks like he was in "time out". Was he being punished for something? What did he do wrong, not know the difference between a shoe and a stud.....? :D

Getting the frame put together so I can shrink wrap LSU tomorrow, then I'll get back to working the coolest backyard project of all time.
View attachment 237286

I now see why the crematorium is not finished. .... boat, fishing, beer..... far better day than building something to roast the bodies of those who need to disappear.:D

That is the dumbest string of words ever put together in the history of communication

You're running out of time. Every tick of the clock brings me shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Hey Bri, I wasn't going to put up these but since it seems to irritate you so much...

I got some cement hardboard and put the roof on today. I'm shrink wrapping LSU tomorrow, I'll take some of the leftover plastic and cover the cement board to keep things über dry till spring.View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416689555.468292.jpg

Probably won't get much else done this year. Work, family, school, etc.

Thought about it for a moment and decided I don't want to go 4 or 5 months without irritating the crap out of you...

Maybe I'll just eat a big bowl of beans, put my coveralls back on and head over to the Sluice Box and crop dust the joint.

Ya know, the more I think about it the better I like that idea. Anyone want to join me?

What's cute is how you guys all want so desperately to be me but none of you are willing to admit it. You're like little boys who spent the first 11 years of their lives hero worshiping their dad but are now way to cool to for that. Eventually those teenaged boys realize that they were right and by the time the old man dies they're insurance salesmen, sitting around in polyester suits, driving a minivan, cheering for the Raiders, and blubbering into a beer "He was the most amazing guy in the world. Hell, in the universe. He could do anything!"

Don't wait till I'm dead to acknowledge that I'm wicked pissah. Do it now while I'm still around. Imagine the regret you'll feel if you never get a chance to tell me. Especially you, Cape.

So glad you said guys. I really don't want to be you.

And my dad will always be my hero.

....I'm just trying to figure out how/why ones extreme ability for urination qualifies for us to be jealous? :confused: Yeah, impressive, no doubt, but jealous and creating a desire in me 'hero worship'....meh, not so much.
Oh, and the polyester suit went bye-bye in 1976.....nice canary yellow as I was forced to wear it at 11 by MY best friend and hero, my dad. (I STILL refuse to let him off the hook on THAT one...lol)

Yup. Ignore the toll.

You play with troll dolls too? Well, I learn something new every day.

7680c716c00ce622f450f0dd879f440f.jpg

I can't WAIT till Friday.

All the Thanksgiving turkey bullsh!t is over and you can get down to the nitty gritty of decorating for the big day. Let's face it, most of us around here believe that if it's worth doing its worth overdoing and that sentiment was made for the major winter holiday. The tree, the tinsel, the lights, the parties, the gifts...

Yup. Nothing screams out to the inner yearnings of psychologically unbalanced farktards everywhere like the X day.

To that end, I'm giving you all an early present.

I'm giving you a free punch to my nuts. A dope slap. A free kick in my shorts. Enjoy it ladies.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1417056721.298638.jpg

Some lights... Some wrapping paper around the base... Santa and a few reindeer on the roof...

I can't WAIT!!!!

Has code enforcement required this thing to be demolished yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back