The "Dear" , "Sincerely" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear conference,

Let's be honest. We both know the only reason I'm presenting is to network for the day I decide to stop working my current job.

Sincerely,
Best part of my job is getting paid to build my Rolodex.

Dear Thought I was old,

I still use a rolodex. And my spell checker doesn't even recognize that word.

Sincerely,
Keeping it old school

Dear snow,
Go away and let the plows do their thing. I don't want to be stuck at work for a few days.
Sincerely,
Frozen from walking through 5' of snow to get to work after being in my car for 5 hours

PS- thanks for letting me see blue sky for a few minutes before you came back

1416343226884.jpg

Dear frozen,
You sir are much more dedicated to your job than I. And I was once 45 minutes late because I needed to use a hand winch for the entire 100' driveway to get to the road.
Sincerely,
Guy who just calls it in now.

Dear page 69,
You said 69, I could really go for grilled cheese right now.
Sincerely,
2:30 in the morning and still awake for no damage reason.

Dan auto correct sucks sometimes.

Dear 2:30 in the morning,
I think there is a song in there somewhere.
Sincerely,
And the thunder rolls. ...

Maybe I should be on the random thoughts thread.....

Dear O-Rings for Pump Flange Seals

I hate you.

Sincerely,

Just bent a pipe flange trying to compress the o-ring

Dear Heavy Handed Wrench Slinger,

Holy floccin' flocc! are you talking about the steel seating rings? how heavy was the flange? less than a 150?

Sincerely,
Buying That Guy 900 Series Flanges. Maybe Even 1200.

Dear Heavy Handed Wrench Slinger,

Holy floccin' flocc! are you talking about the steel seating rings? how heavy was the flange? less than a 150?

Sincerely,
Buying That Guy 900 Series Flanges. Maybe Even 1200.

Dear buying me 900 series flanges,

The o-ring is rubber, the flange is steel. I tightened the bolts until the flanges were touching and it was bowed in the middle over the o-ring. I put the ancient gasket off of the dead pump back in and it sealed fine.

Boiler appears to be functioning properly for the first time since Sunday.

Sincerely,
New technology sucks

Dear Period,

Your late, and we're worried sick about you!

Sincerely,

Contraception should be used on every conceivable occasion.

Dear Contraception, et al...

If you didn't use me, well, there's your answer... But remember, even I'm not 100%

Perhaps you just got lucky, and there's something better than you can imagine in your offing...or if it was a drunken oops, maybe you should have used me...at least I'm 99.9%!

Sincerly,
Contraception

Dear loser with the 900 number,
Go find some other place to spam! This is a beer forum where we come up with complex recipes and learn from each other about growing yeast, hops etc etc. We do not want you nasty one legged women. We also don't have time for them, beer and beer making is far more important. Besides non of us are really dumb enough to fall for your scams. (Drunk enough maybe)
Sincerely,
2 beer won't get me that drunk.

Dear builder of my boiler,

Why did you build a system without something as simple as a $15 automatic bleeder valve? Air entrained in the pump woke my daughter up at 4am. I spent the next hour manually bleeding air off the boiler tank. That, of course, put boiler water all over the floor of my utility room and steam all over me.

The good news is since I did that, the temperature of my living room has risen 1.4 degrees in 1.5 hours. I can actually feel heat radiating off of all the radiators. What a novelty!

Why is nothing ever as easy as it should be in my house? Oh yeah, it's 76 years old and must have been built by a guy who didn't know the difference between a rhombus and a square.

Sincerely,

The battle continues but I'm finally winning!

Dear Liver,

I'm sorry for treating you like sheet in my younger days. I've been good since then so please do your best to hold on broseph.

Sincerely,

Used to drink too much.

Dear Kickstarter,

You and the project creators of all of the homebrew KS projects that I have supported suck. You have no conscience....You can't meet YOUR own deadlines, respond to any backers emails or comments. You over promise and change things after receiving my money.

Dear Head and Liver,
Do not be too hard on me tomorrow. S'my birthday today and I want to be able to celebrate since odds of me getting a grilled cheese sammich today are hovering around 0.
Sincerely,
Drunkle wants to party

Dear Head and Liver,
Do not be too hard on me tomorrow. S'my birthday today and I want to be able to celebrate since odds of me getting a grilled cheese sammich today are hovering around 0.
Sincerely,
Drunkle wants to party

Dear Drunk Uncle,

Happy Earth Day. Mine was Monday and didn't get to do a thing. Hope yours is more eventful.

Sincerely,
Guy with boring friends

Dear Drunk Uncle,

Happy Earth Day. Mine was Monday and didn't get to do a thing. Hope yours is more eventful.

Sincerely,
Guy with boring friends

Dear guy with boring friends,
That sounds pretty lame. Tell them to man up or their man card is revoked.
Sincerely,
Woke up with a hangover Tuesday and it wasn't my birthday on Monday
Ps happy belated

Dear CNN,

No decision yet from the grand jury in Ferguson. We got that....

Any chance we could move on?

Sincerely,

News junkies everywhere

Dear lower back,

First of all, I'm sorry. I got sloppy about "lifting with my legs," no two ways about it. I've learned my lesson, and I won't let it happen again.

But, look. We both feel better after a beer or two, and I'd really like to get back to making those beers which I know you also appreciate. So, if you could get on the mend already, we'll both be happier in the long run.

Sincerely,
Laid Up, Bored and Thirsty

Dear inventors,
Please invent a product that fills the need of the picnic tap, but is not built so crappy. I'd suggest some sort of metal for the housing. Definitely metal in place of those little bendy-plastic-junk studs on the inside of the "handle" that go into that funky slot. You know, the pegs that decide to give up the ghost right at the moment of truth? Those ones.
Sincerely,
Guy who drilled holes and installed a pin to restore functionality.

Edit: Patent pending.

Dear distributors,
Have I got a product for you.
Sincerely,
Awaiting royalties.

Dear CNN,

No decision yet from the grand jury in Ferguson. We got that....

Any chance we could move on?

Sincerely,

News junkies everywhere

Dear News Junkies,

I feel that you are all the reason "the news" has become one sided and incredulous. Just don't forget to watch both sides and meet somewhere in the middle.

Sincerely,
Socially Jaded Scum

Back