The Beast Brew Rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirmerced

Reaction score
Need a little help/advice from folks with experience on Brutus 10 builds. I have three BG 14 burners running my Beast brew rig (AKA Brutus 10 knock off). I got three LPG valves from brewers hardware to convert the BG 14 to low pressure (or is it high pressure? I forget) Anyways, I attached a few pictures of the flames. Just need confirmation I am doing it right or wrong.

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

I run the same burners and LP gas valves. What regulator are you running and what issues are you having? My burners are all 3" from the top of the stand.

Thanks for the info 30! I am 2.5 inches from the pots to the top of the burners. I did a test boil with about 7 gallons of water or so and it took about 55 minutes to warm up. I figure i can get a boil going in about 25 minutes if I am at 170ish for the sparge. Forgive me if I said the wrong temp....i might have been enjoying a few while posting.

I have a similar set up (bg14s with Natural gas orafices). It does not have the same power as propane as I had to run 1/2" ID hose from my meter (had a pro install it). Anyways it takes about 35-45 to get 9 gals to strike temp.
Pros: cheaper, quieter, no filling tanks
Cons: not as powerful

All in all, I like it, and my burners are 3" from the bottom of the keggles.

Thanks a lot everyone. I am waiting on my quick disconnects and will do a brewery test later this week. Its been almost 7 months since I started this project, and the anticipation is getting to me.

Brewed on Thursday. Turns out that the gas lines to the propane are too long. The burner closest to the tank is a rocket engine! The other two are a lot less powerful. I have a secondary propane tank I will fill and use the smaller one for the HLT/MK and the larger for the BK. 2.5-3 inches from the top of the burner to the bottom of the kettle is a good height!

Back