The Alchemist releasing two new beers in cans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I drank it out of the can like Heady. Did you guys do the same or pour it into a glass?

Also, I drank it out of the can like Heady. Did you guys do the same or pour it into a glass?
I drank it out of the can immediately after the release. Revisiting it tonight in a glass at a tasting with heady, Pliny, etc.

Tell you what, man, it's way closer than I expected it to be. I definitely see how people described it as juicier and I was surprised at how similar the mouthfeel and finish are. Can't say I prefer it, but it as at least every bit as good.

Yes, I found it to be all those things you described and for me I preferred it. And floaties! There were floaties, remember when HT had floaties. I need the floaties.

Yes, I found it to be all those things you described and for me I preferred it. And floaties! There were floaties, remember when HT had floaties. I need the floaties.

I am with you guys on this one, its a nice refreshing change to HT. Both are pretty damn close!

I have drank lots of Heady topper at this point, and never once have I encountered "floaties". I'm guessing that is due to drinking the majority of them from the can, but never spotted them in the many I've drank out of a glass either. It probably also helps that the beers themselves are never more than a week or two old.

But but but, how will they remain a 1 trick pony if they start releasing other beers????????//??????///?!!!!!111!
Oh, don't worry. They'll still be a one trick pony.

I smell flop after the initial EEERRRMMEEEEEGGGHHHERRRD Alchemizzed burrs are soo .rar and this is the newest VT waeleszese!!!!

FT: Multiple FT and PM :: ISO: List Inside

EDIT: I posted this and then found out it had already been released!! Still pretty sure I'm spot on.

Dubl EDIT: ....and if I'm not... ISO: fresh Heady

I remember at the HF double damon release somebody suggested a great idea to thwart people coming before the stated time.

Everybody gets a numbered ticket to preserve their line order like a Lawson's release, but when it's time to sell an announcement is made that anybody that has number X or lower will not be buying beer today because they got here before the requested time and is asked to leave. No beer is sold without a numbered ticket and at the same time line jumping is prevented.
This is ****ing excellent.

You guys want floaters? I'll give you a floater...

[Mod edit: Hahaha, but... nope]

Last edited by a moderator:
hahahaha This is an outrage!!! I demand answers!! Gene Which mod did this!!

Nah, really though, I was out of control with laughter when I posted that. Glad you guys that saw it got a good laugh out of it ;) Thanks for being cool dudes!

hahahaha This is an outrage!!! I demand answers!! Gene Which mod did this!!

Nah, really though, I was out of control with laughter when I posted that. Glad you guys that saw it got a good laugh out of it ;) Thanks for being cool dudes!
You should probably send me whatever you posted so I can see it :p

Reactions: smo
Oh, don't worry. They'll still be a one trick pony.

I smell flop after the initial EEERRRMMEEEEEGGGHHHERRRD Alchemizzed burrs are soo .rar and this is the newest VT waeleszese!!!!

FT: Multiple FT and PM :: ISO: List Inside

EDIT: I posted this and then found out it had already been released!! Still pretty sure I'm spot on.

Dubl EDIT: ....and if I'm not... ISO: fresh Heady

Sucks you never got to go to the old brewpub.

Sucks you never got to go to the old brewpub.
Seriously. Most people don't seem to realize that HT wasn't even their best offering. Holy Cow(Holy Moley!), Panty Dropper, Dunkler Stern, Broken Spoke, Donovan's...**** was 3.25/pint when they first opened and they were 2-3 deep at the bar every night of the week for years. I would gladly trade a Pro-Pig & a Blackback to get the Alchemist back in the brew pub biz...

From Alchemist Blog
TRUCK SALE

Posted on 3/5/14
Truck Sale is this Saturday, March 8. The sale will be at the same location as last time- Railroad Street in Waterbury village (next to the train station).

The sale will begin at 11am. As last time, we will begin forming a line at 9am. We need to keep the lot clear prior to this time so that we are able to set up appropriately.

The first sale seemed to go very smoothly considering all of the unknowns. One of the only criticisms we noticed in the post-sale chat rooms was the issue of customers showing up with extra friends for no reason other than obtaining more beer for themselves. Please don’t be greedy. This strategy is both thoughtless and completely out of our control at the same time. Do the right thing.

Now, the important stuff… We will be releasing two old favorites from the pub-

The Crusher and Beelzebub. We have approximately 15 barrels of each. In an effort to get these beers in as many hands (and mouths) as possible, we will be selling mixed cases with a one case limit per person. So, each customer will be able to purchase one case that has 3 four-packs of Crusher and 3 four-packs of Beelzebub. The price for the mixed case will be $80 inclusive of sales tax (75.50 + 4.50 VT tax). We will have at least 250 full cases to sell.

If you only want to purchase one style of beer, the limit is 3 four-packs per person. The price is an even split- $40 inclusive of tax for 3 four-packs. If you only want to purchase one four-pack or one can of either style, the price will be $15 inclusive or $3.75 for a single can.

We will also be bringing 100 cases of Heady Topper to sell. The case price on Heady will be $75 inclusive of tax or $12.50 per 4-pack. There will be a one case limit in place. When it is gone it is gone…. Locals- if you have regular access to Heady, please be respectful of our visitors who are unable to purchase HT on a regular basis.

So, what is the maximum amount of beer someone will be able to purchase? 2 cases- one mixed with Crusher and Beelzebub and one case of Heady Topper. The total price for the 2 cases will be $155.

This is a cash only sale.

We will have coffee available, some fun giveaways and tunes by DJ Rekkon.

We will also be selling some great merchandise at our cost- hoodies, caps and knit hats will be available. ALL proceeds will go to the Waterbury Food Shelf. So, not only do you get a deep discount on cool merchandise, but all of your money will be go towards putting food on the tables of our friends and neighbors in Waterbury. Let’s see how much we can raise!

We look forward to seeing you Saturday!

Dammit! Second straight Alchemist release scheduled when I can't make it. Both sound great, hope everyone has fun up there. Crowds at HF Saturday afternoon should be fun.

Will be interested to see how this pans out compared to last time. It's not a holiday weekend, there is only 3 days of notice, you can only get half as much of the limited stuff. Norma is on the shelf but is 2 bottles of Norma better or worse than 6 daybreak and 12 Arthur that you could get last time? Daybreak might still be there this Saturday but who knows?
I'm hoping to be there either way!

Hoping HF is still doing a bottles only line like they were the weekend of the last Alchemist release. I want more Norma, but I want no part of the growler line this Saturday...

Hoping HF is still doing a bottles only line like they were the weekend of the last Alchemist release. I want more Norma, but I want no part of the growler line this Saturday...
I assume they will unless there is a chance that they will run out of norma that day.

DonFrap good luck - sadly won't be making it up this time. Counting on you for a can of each ;)

This was my favorite part of the post:

The first sale seemed to go very smoothly considering all of the unknowns. One of the only criticisms we noticed in the post-sale chat rooms was the issue of customers showing up with extra friends for no reason other than obtaining more beer for themselves. Please don’t be greedy. This strategy is both thoughtless and completely out of our control at the same time. Do the right thing.

Do you think they got Marty and Rust on the case to uncover this plot?

Do you think they got Marty and Rust on the case to uncover this plot?

diwJ9gD.jpg

any one up that way want my undieing love for some focal and the cherry goodness? minnesota reach around can be had

What are these beers? Or is that completely irrelevant at this point?
If Kimmich is brewing them, they'll be good. Definitely worth the chase. The beers he did at the brewpub were consistently great, it was almost stupid sometimes.

But to answer your question, no, it doesn't matter at this point. There'd be a line for Alchemist canned water.

The second round of new ones? Beelzebub, impy stout hopped with Citra, and The Crusher, another DIPA.
Sorry, yes, the ones being released 3/8. Should have been more clear about that.

They sound good, but alas I will be traveling in the opposite direction this weekend :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back