Thanks to you all!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kieva

Reaction score
Well I finally have my first batch in the secondary. What a nightmare, I think I used every utensil in the kitchen, steeped improperly and didn't allow for boil off and sediment. Also my stove and floor got the treatment from boil over. I think it will be ok though. PLEASE LET IT TASTE LIKE SPOTTED COW!

After reading about 8,000 threads from all you Brewmasters my second batch looks great. An Irish red that tasted good before pitching, and looks beautiful in the primary. I also managed to keep my kitchen clean. :)

So again thank you for all the tips you ALL have supplied here and tomorrow will be my first try at mead.

:tank:

I love Spotted Cow and have been searching for a good clone. If it's good, can you post the recipe? :ban:

Dunno if I helped you directly, but if so, you're welcome. If not, I'll just be the smug little prick that claims credit for everyone else's hard work. Therefore, you're welcome.

Kieva said:
Well I finally have my first batch in the secondary. What a nightmare, I think I used every utensil in the kitchen, steeped improperly and didn't allow for boil off and sediment. Also my stove and floor got the treatment from boil over.
What a coincidence! I think I used that exact same recipe for my first brew this weekend. And I've just had to wash my house keys, because somehow I got LME on them. Still, as long as the first batch is drinkable, all the hassle will be worth it. Good luck with yours!

Danek said:
What a coincidence! I think I used that exact same recipe for my first brew this weekend. And I've just had to wash my house keys, because somehow I got LME on them. Still, as long as the first batch is drinkable, all the hassle will be worth it. Good luck with yours!

LOL i had to clean my glasses and the cat.

And as for the spotted cow recipe. A friend of mine made it before and it turned out really good.

kb9vzh said:
I love Spotted Cow and have been searching for a good clone. If it's good, can you post the recipe? :ban:

6.0# LME
1.5# Flaked maize
1.0# Flaked barley
0.5# Briess Crystal 40L Malt
1oz cascade hops(bittering)
.5oz cascade hops(aroma)
wyeast 1056

It was great when others made. Just hope I can do the same.

Kieva said:
6.0# LME
1.5# Flaked maize
1.0# Flaked barley
0.5# Briess Crystal 40L Malt
1oz cascade hops(bittering)
.5oz cascade hops(aroma)
wyeast 1056

It was great when others made. Just hope I can do the same.

Thanks,

I have seen this recipe before, so it must be right. If yours is good I"ll give it a try.

Back