Thank you all so much!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravenhead

Reaction score
All right so I've got 3 kegs and a 1/4 bbl waiting to be converted to keggles and I have been asking all my friends and acquaintances if they weld. I read threw EdWort's Haus Pale ale thread and am becoming very inspired and looked at the brew rig thread and wanted to cry. You guys are awesome. Someday I guarantee that I will actually be contributing to this board. I want to thank all of you for your awesome inspiration.

Todd

All right so I've got 3 kegs and a 1/4 bbl waiting to be converted to keggles and I have been asking all my friends and acquaintances if they weld?

They need to be tig welders and capable of sanitary welding and backing with argon gas. Welds on stainless without back-gassing look and are horrible on the inside of a vessel without argon shielding gas.

1/4 barrels? I would bother with anything less than 1/2. But I guess that's just me. Whatever it takes. It'd definately use 1/4's for fermenters though :)

Hey shecky love the Robert Cray avatar. I totally wished I was an 80 year old black man from the Delta when I was in sixth grade. Only kid in grade school to own "I put the Unk in Funk" by Muddy Waters.

WBC slow down and speak english. I am not that bright but thanks for the suggestions.

Bytor1100 I have a neighbor who works at the local dump. He happened to bring the 1/4 barrel home so I figured I'd use it for 5 gal batches. I never thought of a fermenter. How would I do that?

Hey shecky love the Robert Cray avatar. I totally wished I was an 80 year old black man from the Delta when I was in sixth grade. Only kid in grade school to own "I put the Unk in Funk" by Muddy Waters.
You are the first to comment on my avatar. I wondered if anybody recognized it. I sort of have a weird man crush on Cray. Great stuff at any time, especially on brew day.:rockin:

Back