Temperature controllers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBeuchs

Reaction score
My next venture is to start experimenting with lagers. As such I plan on purchasing a tempertaure controller. My question is, is there a functional difference between the digital and analog controllers to justify the added expense of the digital models?

Functional Difference? Nope.

I have two digital and one analog, and I love the digitals much better. The temp control was a lot "tighter" on the digitals, I can set the range of when it will turn on and off within one degree. My newest digital is also a dual stage.

My analog was actually hard to "dial in' and took a bit of trial and error. Him I leave in my kegerator as temp is not that important to me as I feel there is a wider range of acceptable temps for serving. Where as fermentation I mostly leave at a specific temp (68).

I like the options on the digital, and I recently picked up an STC-1000 that was $17 unassembled. My other digital is a ranco etc 1100, which is also nice and has been my go to controller.

Latest posts

Back