temp showing too high on auber pid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loodachris

12th man loud and proud!
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked before but my phone hates everything so searching is a little rough. I set the temp to a target 150 degrees to check the calibration on my new set up but what my pid/temp probe shows as 150 degrees my thermapen which I trust a lot more would show about 10 degrees lower. Is this amount of a difference normal? If so how do I adjust the pid to match what temps I am getting from my thermapen. I have the auber syl-2352 and the PT100 temp probe. The pid is also set to 21 to reflect the type of probe. Thanks for tbe help

Check out the manual for the SYL2352, which is on the Auber website. Section 4.10 describes what you want - temperature offest. Change the Pb value to 10 or -10 or whatever gets you to where you want to be.

Also, make sure the water is aggitated so that it's mixed and you don't have hot / cold spots where your probe might be reading a different temperature than what the rest of the vessle shows.

-Kevin

Good deal thanks for the reply. I'll check that out this afternoon. Is it normal for the readings to be off that much?

Mine wasn't off that far but I can't speak to any degree of normalcy...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Latest posts

Back