Temp controller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtie

Reaction score
Was waltzing around work looking for a Christmas gift and happened upon this nifty device. It's an external temp controller made for a kerosene heater but why wouldn't it work for a fridge? All I should be able to do is hang it on the inside and run the cord through a grommet It's temp range is from -10F - 100F. I'm going to try it out for sure but I was going to see if anyone had any experience with it. If it works it will be a cheap alternative.

image-1736544350.jpg

It also has a +-6F differential. I think I read where +-1f was ideal but would 6 be worse or better.

It also has a +-6F differential. I think I read where +-1f was ideal but would 6 be worse or better.

That would be worse. It means you have the potential for bigger temperature swings; so not very accurate temp control. I wouldn't use it for a fermentation chamber. It might be worth trying out for a kegerator/keezer/beer fridge...worse case scenario is sometimes it might be a bit warmer or colder than you intended.

Thanks guys! I understand the temp swing range and that it wouldn't be good for a closer tolerance fermentation chamber. I was going to run it on a kegerator. Also thanks for the link for that thermostat. I have looked everywhere and couldnt find it. I might just go that route because I can build the box no prob. I can play with it while I'm bored at work. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back