Temmp Controller Setting Question: ITC-308-WIFI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrEggSandwich

Reaction score
Hi all-

I sent their support an email, but its Sunday, and I got a brew in primary now, and using this temp controller for first time.

Question: It seems the controller is always in either heating or cooling mode: Shouldn't everything be "off" if within range?

If I have it set at 64, with a 1 point difference, heating should come on at 62, cooling at 66. any temp between 63-65 should both be off, correct?

I'm probably missing something in settings..What am I missing here?

I have both heating and cooling at 1 degree diff value. Refirdge delay at 10 minutes. These are m y standard settings on other controllers.

If its within the temp there shouldn't be any lights illuminated as that shows the power on to your cooling or heating which isnt needed.

What is being used as a heat source?
Where is the temperature probe located?
Is there a "stirring" fan inside the chamber?

Cheers!

If you’re looking at the app, it’s will still show whatever color was happening last, but it does not say cooling or heating.

Mregg you say your settings are for 64 ferm temp with a 66 high and a 62 low...than you say you have them set at 1 point differencials....those are 2 point differencials and thats the way i set my 2 standard itc-308's/non-wifi. Its all about the probe placement and fridge seal! I seal my probe against the side of my plastic/BMB's with bungee cords and a foam cushion peice that forms around the probe sealing it to the plastic with no exposure to ambient, an absolute must! The fridge seal is very good.

Latest posts

Back