Television: does stupidity have any limits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inodoro_Pereyra

Reaction score
So, while I was having dinner, and browsing this forum, and a few others (perks of being single), I was watching a movie in the USA network: Chaos, with Wesley Snipes.
The movie was supposed to end at 2 A.M.. Instead, it ended at 2:19.
Then, once it ended, a message from the network was displayed:

" We now join this USA program, already in progress"

And then they started to play THE SAME MOVIE, ALREADY STARTED!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I mean, seriously. Do they require a brainectomy, before hiring their employees???

RIght lol. Thats why I try to stick to history channel and science and discovery. Atleast when they dont time there stuff right you can be sure to catch it again in a few hours when it replays

Yeah, I do the same. Unfortunately, my cable provider doesn't include the history channel anymore, so I'm limited to only Discovery, spike on weekends (I watch the "Powerblock") (and sometimes "Manswers" on weekdays), and Fox sports (in Spanish) whenever they air the Formula 1. The rest is pretty much garbage.

I do like "Criminal Minds" and "Burn Notice" though...

So, while I was having dinner, and browsing this forum, and a few others (perks of being single), I was watching a movie in the USA network: Chaos, with Wesley Snipes.
The movie was supposed to end at 2 A.M.. Instead, it ended at 2:19.
Then, once it ended, a message from the network was displayed:

" We now join this USA program, already in progress"

And then they started to play THE SAME MOVIE, ALREADY STARTED!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I mean, seriously. Do they require a brainectomy, before hiring their employees???

If they showed the president's address, that might have put them off?

Otherwise, uit's just plain old dumb.

think about who is actually up and intending to watch movies at 2:00 am. Ask yourself these questions....

1) Are they sober?
2) Why aren't they sleeping?
3) Why aren't they getting some (we will say kitty-kat)?
4) Why are they commenting on a Wesley Snipes movie?

Television: does stupidity have any limits?

When American Idol, Dancing with the Stars and 2 and a Half Men are leading television shows, what do you think.

Sure says a lot about the mentality of the average American today though.

Mediocrity and Banality are alive and thriving in the Good Old US of A these days.

Absolutely not. I watch some seriously stupid ish on TV. Heres a short list:

Jersey Shore
Teen Mom
Tosh 2.0
Dumbest Dumb People
American Idol
Judge Judy

Most of these I dont technically watch but listen to while I research brew and do chores around the house when I need a break from brewcasts.

All valid points, but not what I meant.
We all know TV programming sucks. That list Acoma put up could be made 2 pages long, without reaching the IQ of a mosquito.
But, does the mediocrity of the viewers, or the assumption that "nobody may be watching", justify the extreme lack of professionalism of the providers? How hard was, in this case, for somebody to go to the DVD player and press "Play", instead of hooking up to an already started repeat of the same movie?
People are getting used to "professionals" (by that, meaning people getting paid to do a given job) not having a clue what they're doing.
You go to an auto parts store, and you get some punk who's never seen the inside of an engine bay in his life, let alone the inside of an engine, or, like it happened to me, you get somebody telling you (and treating you like you're an idiot in the process) that "front wheel drive cars don't have differentials"... :rolleyes:

Now, it also happens in the TV trade. I know for personal experience that the whole show business trade is a closed circle, very hard to get in, or at least it was. When did the idiots get through the door?

Absolutely not. I watch some seriously stupid ish on TV. Heres a short list:

Jersey Shore
Teen Mom
Tosh 2.0
Dumbest Dumb People
American Idol
Judge Judy

Most of these I dont technically watch but listen to while I research brew and do chores around the house when I need a break from brewcasts.

Daniel Tosh +1 but isn't it Tosh.0?

Latest posts

Back