TapIt Cap opinions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmbauer

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I know that this product has been talked about before, however when I searched through the old posts I didn't see anyone post about this that had actually tried it. I usually brew in smaller batches, and this looks like a product that could work great for me and would allow me to small scale "keg" my beer. It may just be easier, and perhaps even more fun than just bottling my beers.

I am curious if anyone has actually used this and if you have any insight to the product. Also, anyone can chime in and give opinions on how useful this could even be to a home brewer. Is it worth my time and money? Would it even work for a homebrewer to bottle into a growler and then use the tapit cap? Or, should I just continue to bottle my beer in normal bottles and nothing else? Thanks guys!

http://tapitcap.com/tapit-cap-the-beer-growlers-best-friend/

I wouldn't use it, growlers arent typically strong enough to carbonate beer in, and Id be afraid of bottle bombs

Thats what I was thinking....but the tapit does have an emergency valve on it that is supposed to prevent that....

Back