Tap-A-Draft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the tap a draft system. It's fine for what it is but is nowhere near a real kegging system. I used a lot more co2 cartridges than indicated to keep the beer dispensing properly. There are conversion systems to use a paintball co2 tank which I'd probably be looking into if I didn't just get a kegging system.

I probably spent close to $200 getting extra bottles, taps, co2, etc for the tap a draft. This week I got a full kegging set up with a keezer and four corneys for $350 from CraigsList.

So, the tap a draft isn't a great value in my mind but it is better than bottling.

Ok thanks for the reply. I will probably keep bottling until I can find the room for a keezer.

I've used TAD since 2009 and I've had no issues with them. I always naturally carbonated in them and only use CO2 to dispense. I have the style that use two 8g cartridges. Those also alllow you to use a N/CO2 mixture if you want. The new style only accepts one 16-g cartridge. I have two regulators and 12 bottles. However, last month, I also bought a kegging system. I used to keg back in the mid 1990s and stopped brewing. I did not want invest in all that again when I started back, but I've now given in. BTW, there are a few very informative Tap A Draft threads here. Just do a quick search and you'll find them.

Bert,
You said
"There are conversion systems to use a paintball co2 tank "
Can you point me toward one of those please?

Back