Tampa Bay Beer Week - 2016

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to try and make it to Dunderbak's Thursday night, still not totally sure I will be able to.
Any word on Hunahpu's Hangover Day at 7venth Sun this year? I see no mention of it in that list, checked their Facebook and they haven't mentioned it there either.

Anybody going to 7th Sun, let me know. I'm that way a lot.

I've got my tickets for the Brewer's Ball next month. Anybody else going?

I've heard that's a blast, but haven't been. I've been to the homebrew club @ Southern a couple of times, but it's pretty far for me to drive during the week, and I travel quite a bit for my job. Is it open to only HB club members?

I've heard that's a blast, but haven't been. I've been to the homebrew club @ Southern a couple of times, but it's pretty far for me to drive during the week, and I travel quite a bit for my job. Is it open to only HB club members?

You have no idea how fun this is. It's the best homebrew event. I've been going since 2009. Club members get a significant discount off the ticket price. You don't want to drive - you won't make it home. Get a ride from your wife, or a friend, or taxi/uber, or similar. We have a bus that leaves from Dunedin, I'll probably try to get on that.

Hey All!

I thought I would start a thread for events and folks that are planning on going to some events if you would like to meet up. List of events:

http://tampabaybeerweek.com/events

@disturbdchemist @allenh @TobyG @Hello @PassedPawn

I would love to, but wifey's coming along this year and so it's going to be a much shorter trip (her job will only allow her to be out the Friday during legislative session so we're flying in Friday morning and flying home Sunday).

You have no idea how fun this is. It's the best homebrew event. I've been going since 2009. Club members get a significant discount off the ticket price. You don't want to drive - you won't make it home. Get a ride from your wife, or a friend, or taxi/uber, or similar. We have a bus that leaves from Dunedin, I'll probably try to get on that.

I don't know man. I've been to a lot of epic homebrew events. Our Zapp's setup even had it's own thread here (and the setup has been better every year since). Dixie Cup in Houston is also a great time. I've never made it to Emerald Coast due to the time of year, but I heard that's also a real good time.

I don't know man. I've been to a lot of epic homebrew events. Our Zapp's setup even had it's own thread here (and the setup has been better every year since). Dixie Cup in Houston is also a great time. I've never made it to Emerald Coast due to the time of year, but I heard that's also a real good time.

So, do you go to the Ball?

This is actually the first I've heard of it, but it sounds like a pro event from what I read.

It sells out pretty quickly. They try to limit it to pro brewers and homebrewers only. The band is always A1. Can't wait. For the guys that are clamoring over hunahpu, which I don't like, they've had it on open tap pour-it-yourself at these balls.

It sells out pretty quickly. They try to limit it to pro brewers and homebrewers only. The band is always A1. Can't wait. For the guys that are clamoring over hunahpu, which I don't like, they've had it on open tap pour-it-yourself at these balls.

Ah, well, we definitely won't make it this year. Maybe next year if wifey isn't limited by legislative craziness.

I'll be hitting 7th sun for sure. I havent heard anything from them for hunahpu hangover day. Seems a lot hasnt been planned yet. I want to go to Cycle BA day but its on site only and I cannot get a ticket sadly. I might make it to the thursday night fest at Dunderbak's if not I definitely want to go there regardless

I don't remember them doing any sort of official announcement last year for 7venth Sun either. Seem to remember something posting to Facebook maybe a week or so before Huna Day.

Friday I began thinking about Sunday's activities and realized that I should have just stayed one more day after all. Unfortunately now, I may have to fly out Monday morning for work and I cannot get that day off. If anything, knowing that I have a good 10-11 hour drive ahead of me, I'll hit up 7th Sun if possible so I can buy some beers and go home. Pretty annoyed at myself for not putting that together sooner though.

Friday night there is supposedly some massive share at a Hotel or brewery. I don't have details yet. Cycle's event is pretty much out for me too. Dunderbak's thing looks good. I may do that.

We'll have to coordinate meeting up. I owe Toby beer and such anyway. :)

7venth Sun is definitely worth the drive, I try to stop by every time I'm in town. Speaking of, that place is incredibly small, it's hard to imagine an event going down there. They must do it in the back parking lot

7venth Sun is definitely worth the drive, I try to stop by every time I'm in town. Speaking of, that place is incredibly small, it's hard to imagine an event going down there. They must do it in the back parking lot

This is true. It is tiny. However, if you are there and you want a different venue:
  • Right across the street is the HOB - House of Beers. This would be an easy way to taste all the local craft brews in one place. They have a LOT of taps.
  • Right behind the HOB is Cotherman Distilling. Mike Cotherman opened it up about a year ago. Some pretty sweet distilling gear in there. If Mike is there, ask him to give you the tour. Tell him Andrew sent you!
  • Right behind Cotherman Distilling is the Dunedin Brewery, Florida's first craft brewery. If you're looking for food, it's pretty good here. I suggest the poutine.
  • Right in front of Dunedin Brewery is the Pinellas Trail, also known as the Pinellas Craft Beer trail. It's 60 miles of wide bicycle path. If, by chance, you have a bike, there are breweries up and down this trail.

Dunedin Brewery is always the stop before or right after 7venth Sun for me. That is a really cool space.

Wow, Cycle BA Day ticket sales were a mess. You couldn't see that ending up a disaster from a mile away

I can't believe they thought ppl would just show up at 3 Pm. Then they open the doors at 11? Hmm.

I can't believe they thought ppl would just show up at 3 Pm. Then they open the doors at 11? Hmm.

Craft beer breweries under estimate the craft beer hipsters. A local liquor store had a black friday sale last year. People lined up at 6 pm Thanksgiving and they store opened 10am the next day... F-n hipsters

They just released the Cycle BA bottle sales schedule. M-Th bottles sales begin at 8am. It's going to be difficult waking the homeless people up that early to stand in line. Monday and Thursday have the highest bottle counts

They just released the Cycle BA bottle sales schedule. M-Th bottles sales begin at 8am. It's going to be difficult waking the homeless people up that early to stand in line. Monday and Thursday have the highest bottle counts

Good to know! Also, there shouldn't be a shortage of homeless to choose from near downtown.

It's rather disappointing that my work isn't being cooperative for tbbw, hopefully I can talk one of you awesome people into snagging me a cycle bottle only for me to send it away to a guy that absolutely killed a Huna pre-trade

It's rather disappointing that my work isn't being cooperative for tbbw, hopefully I can talk one of you awesome people into snagging me a cycle bottle only for me to send it away to a guy that absolutely killed a Huna pre-trade

Ill try to go there all 4 days. I wake up early and should be able to hit them

Ill try to go there all 4 days. I wake up early and should be able to hit them

Awesome! Any help will be greatly appreciated. I will be heading down there early-ish Friday, I was hoping to try to meet up with you and Hello around lunch time. I was thinking Angry Chair for some Popinski or German Chocolate Stout if they still have it , or 7venth Sun for some of everything they have available

Awesome! Any help will be greatly appreciated. I will be heading down there early-ish Friday, I was hoping to try to meet up with you and Hello around lunch time. I was thinking Angry Chair for some Popinski or German Chocolate Stout if they still have it , or 7venth Sun for some of everything they have available
I would dig that for sure. I'll PM you my #. I gave it to Breezy and Dustin.
You should go to the Green Bench thing.
Just bought a ticket for this event! http://m.bpt.me/event/2496056 @Hello is going. Will be good for me, I don't know much about sour fermentation.

I was coming here to post now that I'm on a PC again. It should be good. Angry Chair looks amazing but it is not ticketed and I wonder if I would be standing in line for hours for a couple of beers, if that. Green Bench really interested me, especially with their lineup. Dang!
Sorry for the FB screen shots. They're from a friend.
12835038_10208441926076426_985367336_n.jpg

12804041_10208441926116427_660343116_n.jpg

12784610_10208441925836420_1679858307_n.jpg

Anyone plan on going to Hidden Springs Ale Works? Don't know much about them, and a brewer's perspective would be good.

Latest posts

Back