Suspended particles in Secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigarcherynut

Reaction score
On July 18 I brewed a batch of Left Hand Milk Stout. I transferred the beer to a secondary on August 4th. After about 3-4 days I had a good layer of sediment on the bottom of the secondary. It has been clear since then but today after returning home from a vacation I noticed a large layer of what appears to be suspended sediment. It was clear on August 10 when I left so I'm not sure when this started to happen.

Does anyone know what this may be and what I could do to get this to settle out.

Thanks.

Secondary Pic Resized.jpg

Looks like yeast caked onto the side of your carboy to me ... I'm fairly new at this but its happened for maybe 3 of the 5 batches I have done so far

Looks like yeast caked onto the side of your carboy to me ... I'm fairly new at this but its happened for maybe 3 of the 5 batches I have done so far

Ok. I wasn't sure if it is on the sides or throughout the beer. Hard to tell being a stout. I was hoping to bottle soon but didn't want to do that if it was suspended.

Thanks.

Ok. I wasn't sure if it is on the sides or throughout the beer. Hard to tell being a stout. I was hoping to bottle soon but didn't want to do that if it was suspended.

Thanks.

Ayup', just cling ons ... not to worry, you'll be fine ... :beard:

Latest posts

Back