Super-Target Honey source

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartyB

Reaction score
Archer Farms is the store brand for grocery items at Target stores.
Found out that the local Super-Target's stock Archer Farms Orange Blossom and Buckwheat honey along with the wildflower (all $5/lb)

I'm guessing Western Buckwheat. More molasses and less barnyard in the nose.

I've got a good source for local wildflower, but the Orange Blossom and Buckwheat were a nice find for some variety.

I buy my honeys from EBeehoney.com...best prices and variety around the midwest. $5.00 is pretty good..you can get honey from Ebee ranging from $3.80 a pound for Wildflower up to $4.60 for buckwheat. THis is all raw..never heated, nor strained.

Dan

Holy crap...$5/lb?????

Man, I feel for you guys that don't have a decent honey source. Even my LHBS has it for cheaper than $5/lb, and they're twice as expensive as the bulk place I get it from (5g for under $120 for wildflower)

The honey that I like to eat and cook with costs about $15.99 for a half gallon sized mason jar-it has bounced up to $18 before and then dropped back to the $15.99 recently.
it is just wildflower honey.
Since most of the mead that I have done so far has had fruit or fruit juice in it, I have used mostly the cheapest Save-a-lot brand that was $4 for 2lb bottle. The apple and other fruits do tend to drown out the honey quite a bit. But since it will be at least a year before any of them will be fit to open and drink- I will have to really reserve any stronger opinions till then. The ones that I have sneaked a taste of do taste hot but the flavor after the hot dissipates is great!.

I get local wildflower honey for $1.75/lb, and found a somewhat local source of orange blossom honey at $70/30 lbs (about $2.33/lb). There's a place in Milwaukee that has it a little cheaper.

Latest posts

Back