Suggestions for malt bill pale ale just what i got left-

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spunxter

Reaction score
So i planed to brew tonight since my daughter is staying over her friends house(shes always bitchin bout tbe smell) got a small starter going if 051 and forgot i dont have much 2 row. So heres what i got to work with: 12 lbs white wheat 5 lbs victory 3 or so lbs munich a pound each of pilsen and 2 row and maris otter. 5 lbs honey malt some 60 l some 10 l some carafoam and about 2 lbs each of flaked rye,oats, and maize. whos got a suggestion for 5 gallon batch? Oh and i have lota of hops of various uses.

With that much wheat I'd try and do a wheat beer of sorts, but your yeas limits you more toward the American variety.

Found this recipe that might work using the WLP051 instead of the US-05:

American Wheat
(5 gallons/19 L, all-grain)
OG = 1.052 (12.8 °P)
FG = 1.012 (3.0 °P)
IBU = 20 SRM = 4 ABV = 5.3%

Ingredients
5 lb. 5 oz. (2.4 kg) Great Western wheat malt (or similar) (2 °L)
2 lb. 10 oz. (1.2 kg) Great Western American two-row malt (or similar) (2 °L)
2 lb. 10 oz. (1.2 kg) Durst continental Pilsner malt or similar (2 °L)
4.15 AAU Willamette pellet hops (0.83 oz./24 g of 5% alpha acids) (60 min.)
2.25 AAU Centennial pellet hops, (0.25 oz./7 g of 9% alpha acids) (0 min.)
1.25 Willamette pellet hops, (0.25 oz./7 g of 5% alpha acids) (0 min.)
White Labs WLP320 (American Hefeweizen), Wyeast 1010 (American Wheat) or Fermentis Safale US-05 yeast

http://byo.com/hops/item/2007-american-wheat-style-profile

If you're short on the 2-row and pilsen, the honey malt might give you some added complexity for the remainder of the grain bill. Could even make it a hoppy wheat ale if you want to use those extra hops you have.

I like it thx for input im gonna do it pretty much exactly that .

So after weighing it out i ended up with
5.5 white wheat
.5 pilsen
1.3 2 row
2 honey malt
13 oz oats
.8 perle
.5 cent. 1 oz amarillo @ 10
.5 cent. 1 oz amarillo @ hopstand

Got er mashing now and the 051 spinning. Feels nice to empty out my grain bin to tell ya the truth it was getting a bit clustered.

Latest posts

Back