Suggestions for cleaning a chill plate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bad67z

Reaction score
A short time ago I was the winning bidder for (3) 2 tap jockey boxes. A local catering business closed and I got lucky. I am planning on keeping one and selling the other two. This is how I justified the purchase with the SWMBO. :D

The aluminum chill plates were not properly cleaned and I have gotten quite a bit of bio material out of them. I have used line cleaner in the past to "maintain" beer lines. I don't currently have any and was wondering if anyone had any experience and/or suggestions. Oyxclean/PBW rapidly oxidize the the surface so they are out.

Just something to keep in mind about plate chillers of that type. Yes the chiller is generally made from cast aluminum. However, the lines going inside of it are stainless steel. Just pump your cleaner through the lines. No problem at all.

Thanks PJ that makes sense, I feel better now about using Oxi Clean and chase it with some Starsan. Thanks again,

Latest posts

Back