Sugar while prime? :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volknkn

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm newbie here :mug:

I've been brewing my own beer for almost 1 year. I make perfect beers for bottles. Now, I had minikegs from my girlfriend as a gift :rolleyes:

But the main problem is amount of sugar while priming to minikegs. I looked at all web sites and asked all friends who homebrewer but haven't trusted myself yet.

What do u think or how much sugar do you use while priming mini keg ?
By the way; I prefer "Muntos Continental Lager Kit"

connoisseur_continental_lager.jpg
d2bec41c8c497ad17541c0b8eb0dc566.jpg

Thanks.

Ive always primed the mini kegs with half the recommended amount for bottling. Anywhere between 10-15g for the keg depending on style and ive had no issues with carbonation. Advice was found on here and other forums. Definitely dont put the normal amount in otherwise youll end up buckling your kegs

I did this for a while. Now I have 4 useless minikegs in my pantry. Sorry but I wouldn't recommend these. Stick with bottles, maybe larger bottles if more volume is what you're after. 3 major issues:getting them clean after use, must drink 5 liters within 2 days or you'll lose carbonation quickly, and they'll affect taste. Mine began to rust and I feel that gave a metal flavor to my beer. Not worth it, imo.

Back