Sufficient cleaning regimen for Perlick 525SS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuda6pak

Reaction score
I've had my keezer up and going for over 2 years now and all I've done to maintain the lines is periodically run hot PBW through them and my Ultra seal Accuflex hard lines from Birdman. After doing that and letting them sit for 30 min I run hot starsan through the lines.

Whenever I run PBW/starsan through the line I vary the Perlick at wide open, half open, and various stages in between and also cycle it opened/closed many times.

Does anyone else run the same cleaning regimen? Is there any reason to break the Perlick down completely? I'm worried about them leaking afterwards as many people have had problems with them and so far I haven't had an issue.

The only time I broke my faucets down is when I discovered mold growth when it was very humid. Now I give the fauces a blast of starsan when I'm done for the night to hopefully prevent mold.

I'm like fuzze, usally BLC and hot water periodically for me.

I use BLC as well and I have a small brush I push up into the faucet to clean them out good. When I am about to install a fresh keg, I'll then run Starsan though the lines and faucet prior.

I broke down one of my Perlicks after a year of use to soak and clean everything good only to find it was spotless. I, like the other, run BLC and hot water though the lines and faucets for cleaning. So I believe just running cleaner, water, and starsan through does the trick for Perlicks.

Pretty much the same regimen for me: flush with hot water, flush with BLC, flush with hot water, flush with StarSan.

I do this every time I kick a keg. I've never disassembled either of my 525SS faucets.

Latest posts

Back