Success!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buschpilot

Reaction score
I brewed a NB Caliber slobber, I made a few changes to the recipe, mainly timing on when the ingredients went in during boil. I didn't use a second frematation, waited 5 weeks to ferment and now it about 4 day post bottling.... and I just opened one (well two) today and fizz (it worked) as well as taste fantastic... I can't wait to give it another week to finish.....and` start my next batch....

Glad it worked out well. NB kits generally do. I make changes as well. I don't do late adds of fermentables, they all go in at the beginning. With the recent issues I have been having with hop creep, I am thinking about turning all dry hops into hopstands as well. Changes in the recipe will make changes in the taste/aroma, but as long as you like the result, why not?

Don't worry about not doing the secondary fermentation, that appears to be something that has fallen out of favor with the homebrew crowd in the past few years, just leave it in the primary for 3-4 weeks and bottle it.

You drank a sample (or two) 4 days post bottle, I always try one at 5 days, but trust me, it's worth waiting two or three weeks......it will be soooo much better....

Back